DAL Wants...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Green
The numbers are just intented to start a discussion. Yes, they are low and maybe even too low. But look at it as an average benchmark. More people would make more for a longer period in their career. Also, the pay difference between FO and CAP would be reduced. How good is it to work as an FO for three years at a major just to get furlought and to start allover again at the bottom. Unfortunately, the concept of starting at an airline and to work until you make the big pay-check is just about dead. The numbers are nothing but averages for a broader group of Pilots and intented to smoothen the peaks and valleys of the current pay scales. I tried to look at it from the perspective of earning capacity in a ten year time period, rather than the illusive golden pot at the end of a 20 year career.
By the way, thanks for your reply!

We voted to fly for less than we're worth just to get the airplanes and secure our jobs at the regionals, rather than let the 70s and up go to mainline. If we had said we want ml pay, the planes would have gone to ml, instead.

TIME FOR DALPA TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE

FORGET THE "JUDGE ORDERED IT" CRAP

TIME TO RAISE THE BAR OR THE REST OF 100 SEAT PILOTS WILL BE MAKING PEANUTS ALSO..YOU GUYS HAVE A UNION RIGHT? WHERE THE HE11 ARE THEY IN THIS TIME OF NEED?

TIME TO GO TO BAT FOR THE INDUSTRY. JBLU, LUV GROUPS WILL BE ASKED TO BARGAIN DOWN TO DELTA WAGES.

SAD VERY SAD

Last edited:
wms said:
We voted to fly for less than we're worth just to get the airplanes and secure our jobs at the regionals, rather than let the 70s and up go to mainline. If we had said we want ml pay, the planes would have gone to ml, instead.

Maybe you did at your regional, we have been holding out for 3 years trying to secure a better future. How could we have let planes go anywhere,I must have missed the meeting when Delta asked what I thought. What is mainline pay? Something you conjured up? Is it the seat amount that bother's you or the fact that it is a turbo-jet. So 200 ATR's would be OK? Management is who is to blame for the state of the airlines, poor planning and mis-management, coupled with rising fuel costs.

satpak77 said:
JBLU, LUV GROUPS WILL BE ASKED TO BARGAIN DOWN TO DELTA WAGES.

SAD VERY SAD

Uh, who do you think set the bar for the 100 seat pay rate? Delta is just copying the Jetblue pay rate.

PS, not taking a shot at the JB pilots, they have about the same amount of say in the pay rate as we do.........zero.

Seems to me this is the time for ALPA, CAPA, and the rest of the unions to pull together and make a stand. Set a minimum pay level for each aircraft, regardless of the carrier, and that will take pilot wages off of the table.

Then management will have to either raise revenues and find other means of making money.

michael707767 said:
Uh, who do you think set the bar for the 100 seat pay rate? Delta is just copying the Jetblue pay rate.

I think U/AWA negotiated a higher pay for the 190 than jetblue, why not shoot for that or even a bit better like plus $1? After all, post continually proclaim the jetblue rate to be horrible, just horrible, and that a union would have done better.
Well, now is the time to show it!

Or maybe the senior DAL pilots should take a bigger hit and subsidize the 190 pilots, after all, a certain poster continuously pointed out how the jetblue A-320 pilots cared so little and he certainly should not want to appear hypocritical and be accused of the same!

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Seems to me this is the time for ALPA, CAPA, and the rest of the unions to pull together and make a stand. Set a minimum pay level for each aircraft, regardless of the carrier, and that will take pilot wages off of the table.

Then management will have to either raise revenues and find other means of making money.

Absolutely, where does the bar stop? At this rate we will be paying the airlines to fly for them. Oh wait that already happens at gulfstream, sorry guys, now we know where the bar stops I guess.

Time for you Deltoids who have been on here bashing the JB pay to step up to the plate. General? Nothing you can do about it? You hypocrite. Are you and the rest of the elite of the industry just going to crumble and take it up the ash? I sure don't want to spend the next few years on this forum screaming at you for "lowering the bar". Let's see your union dues go to work! I want some action...none of this bullshat that there is "nothing we can do about it". It wouldn't be so pathetic to hear you say that if you hadn't bashed some of your former ALPA brethren just days ago about wages...then typed in here that there is "nothing we can do about it". Time to grow a set, get some unity!

Latest resources

Back