• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL junior Pilots sold down the river by NEW MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New MEC just signed off on scope relief to the company on the 76 seat overage of airplanes. They got us "Furlough" protection. We all know that it will not hold up. But we will NEVER get that scope back. Great job MEC

ALPA... they add RJs to the fleet and expect no furloughs. WTF.

ALPA freaking locks a fox in the hen house and pats themselves on the back for protecting the chickens.

Which one?

BTW, I can speak from experience: the absolute ********************tiest, most aggravating, hair-pulling, should-have-called-in-sick, what-the-********************-am-I-doing-this-for, the FA's-didn't-warm-my-nuts-enough, great-I-have-to-fly-with-ATL's-Golden-Girls-again, oh-great-another-SVO-48-hr-layover-wonderful-there's-a-passenger-next-to-my-crew-rest-seat-I-guess-it's-steak-again- worst day at a major is better than my ohh-goody-I-get-to-fly-the-newest-Barbie-jet-I-hope-there-are-only-5-MEL's-where-the-********************-am-I-going-to-get-something-to-eat-on-this-20-minute-turn-five-leg-day-they-screwed-me-out-of-3-hours-on-my-last-paycheck-where-am-I-going-to-get-something-to-eat-at-5am-God-some-of-the-FO's-I-fly-with-can't-even-land-or-speak-English-dinner-at-Applebee's-again-is-this-the-first-day-of-the-rest-of-my-life-another-night-at-the-Holiday-Inn-Airport-will-I-ever-fly-to-Europe-will-I-ever-get-to-a-major-why-don't-major-airline-pilots-say-hello-or-is-it-just-my-own-insecurity best day at a regional.
'

This would make an AWESOME lower back tattoo!

ALPA, the Widebody Pilots Flying Club.

That's what we 2172's at United call it. Sorry to hear it happened to you guys. It's one thing when management slips it to you, quite another when your supposed protectors do it.

The Pig.

This makes me sick to my stomach. I want to give praise to the US Airways' pilots that de-certified ALPA. I wish the new Delta pilots would follow your lead. ALPA is run as a business. We are NOT represented by ALPA. ALPA represents itself and only itself. We caught the company BLATANTLY violating our contract on a HUGE issue and let them off the hook for a bullsh!t no-furlough clause. If we can't hold the company to our current scope agreement, then how are we going to hold them to our new no-furough clause agreement? The correct answer is, "WE CAN'T." We essentially just gave up more scope for nothing in return.

This was a decision made by your own local elected reps, not by some nebulous entity in Herndon. "ALPA" doesn't make decisions, local pilots do. In any case, it was probably the right decision. Going to arbitration over 156 total seats is far too risky.

Time to recall Moak plain and simple. This guy is and has been WAY too cozy with management for some time. I would rather have a pissed off NWA guy in there than Moak at this point. Of course the only true way to solve the scope give aways is to get a Jr guy in the top spot....and thats probably not going to happen:(

This was a decision made by your own local elected reps, not by some nebulous entity in Herndon. "ALPA" doesn't make decisions, local pilots do. In any case, it was probably the right decision. Going to arbitration over 156 total seats is far too risky.

It took you this long to begin your cheer?:eek:

Herndon didn't protect the pilot right to vote (why would anyone expect it, they didn't let the pilots vote when billions of pension was given away, what's a little scope?)

ALPO travels through a dog and stinks worse with time.

Can't wrap my mind around this language yet. But it seems dull and not very binding. Lawyers, the right lawyers, could possibly have a field day with it.

I'm very, very surprised that the DAL MEC allowed this to take place. Maybe they know something we're not seeing.

I disagree with the notion that this is too risky therefore, just sign some relief in hopes of not getting the pointier end of the ax. It just doesn't seem right. But what do I know... General what you say?

Our profession has been under siege for far too long. Scope is something that could help us bring it back to some normalcy.

... when you talk to pilots who fly these regional jets, they are even more excited that they are getting growth. But they dont realize that an the end they are destroying the very majors they want to work for.

Wait a minute there Forrest Gump: who's destroying the majors? The regional pilots? What're you smokin' there Ace of the Base? I didn't know DALPA's MEC was run by regional pilots.

Oh, and I fly a turboprop for an airline that's downsizing 25%, but it is a regional, so I guess I'm part of the problem, huh?

This makes me sick to my stomach. I want to give praise to the US Airways' pilots that de-certified ALPA. I wish the new Delta pilots would follow your lead. ALPA is run as a business. We are NOT represented by ALPA. ALPA represents itself and only itself. We caught the company BLATANTLY violating our contract on a HUGE issue and let them off the hook for a bullsh!t no-furlough clause. If we can't hold the company to our current scope agreement, then how are we going to hold them to our new no-furough clause agreement? The correct answer is, "WE CAN'T." We essentially just gave up more scope for nothing in return.

"We" didnt do anything, Moak and his chronies did this on their own without even hinting to the pilot groups or the FNWA MEC members. This shat has to stop. We can not have people in these positions that only represent the minority.

Also the title of this thread is wrong, its not just the Junior pilots that get screwed when scope is given away its ALL pilots. Everything from Jobs, Schedules, Upgrades, commutes, and QOL issues are effected when our "leaders" offer our flying up to mgmt. Have we not seen enough of the effects with outsourcing flying? Was the latest issue with Midwest and UAL not enough to paint the cancerous effects of scope relief? We need people in our union positions that arent like politicians. ALPA has become a mirror image to the many problems in our government right now. Greed and personal agendas have ruined ALPA and if we are ever going to become a viable union again we must change this attitude.

Latest resources

Back