DAL junior Pilots sold down the river by NEW MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
" I think your world and your reality is a bit cloudy." - Gen. Lee

I sincerely hope so for all of your Junior guys sake.

In any case, I have stated some simple facts, and you have come up with some interesting rationalizations.

But, as the Great Clouseau would tell you: " Kato! We only deal in the FACTS!"

An interesting fact:

As my airline continued to flounder, I walked into the crew room one day and the Coke machine was gone.

I stated to several of the Pilots and F/A's standing around " Oh, that's not a good sign. Look's like we're about done."

That statement resulted in pandemonium.

One of our Gay F/A's screamed "Stop it!! Just Stop IT! You don't know anything!" and general looks of disdain from all present were cast my way.

Many of the people present commented, surmised, and rationalized the absence of the Coke machine.

However, the simple fact remained - The vending machine owner knew something that we didn't.

We went Bankrupt and the doors were shut less than 3 weeks later.

Unfortunately, The simple facts I stated in Delta's case don't bode well. No matter how you would like to rationalize them

Good Luck to all...

YKW

Last edited:
Walking a fine line? They crossed it. We are f*cked. Even if there are no furloughs, we might not hire for 20 years. The only aircraft that will be left on the mainline certificate are the wide-bodies. I thought we had learned our lesson and were done giving up scope. The company blatantly proved that it does not believe in our current scope agreement and we just agreed with them. When this new agreement gets maxed out, the company will just do the same thing. We were tested and failed miserably. F*ck everyone and everything. This career is f*cked. ALPA, Delta, the regionals, etc. are all contributing to making this a sh!tty job. I'm done being optimistic. I am going to start pushing for a decertification drive. We need an in-house union that actually REPRESENTS its pilots and not its own interests.

I'm in.

Walking a fine line? They crossed it. We are f*cked. Even if there are no furloughs, we might not hire for 20 years. The only aircraft that will be left on the mainline certificate are the wide-bodies. I thought we had learned our lesson and were done giving up scope. The company blatantly proved that it does not believe in our current scope agreement and we just agreed with them. When this new agreement gets maxed out, the company will just do the same thing. We were tested and failed miserably. F*ck everyone and everything. This career is f*cked. ALPA, Delta, the regionals, etc. are all contributing to making this a sh!tty job. I'm done being optimistic. I am going to start pushing for a decertification drive. We need an in-house union that actually REPRESENTS its pilots and not its own interests.

Easy now. We are still getting planes, and Airtran is GROWING now at MKE, right between 2 of our bases. We know we can't compete with RJs, so I am sure there are planes out there on our mind. This was an increase in 21 or whatever 76 seaters, that could have been 70 seaters regardless. If you want to explode, then go right ahead. The big picture is still the same, 255 total 70 seaters. It would have been that way regardless. This added 156 total seats. As far as the union goes, they do need to watch it, no doubt.

Bye Bye--General Lee

" I think your world and your reality is a bit cloudy. "

I sincerely hope so for all of your Junior guys sake.

Most of what you said up there was totally wrong. It must be cloudy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Heck we might as well burn section 1 and let them do what they want. At lest we would not be disappointed. I mean, what the heck? The is not a change in section 1. Yes, it is. I do not care how you spin this. We do not have the number of jet to allow these airplanes. It does not get any clearer than that.

General. the CRJ-900 is a more capable jet. Period. We know that they would have not bought the 900's unless the knew they could maximize the revenue in the airframe. To do that they need 76 seats with a first class section.
Do not buy what they are saying. The fact is that, these are 900's with 76 seats that were ordered. It was not like they did not know what they were up to. The even BSed their way it to a very weak explanation.

Last edited:
I am extremely disgusted by the union, but not surprised. I have been saying here for years now to watch out for Moak. He will cave on scope everytime it's an issue. This will not be the last time.

"You just merged two carriers with some overlapping of routes.

In another post/news flash, it is announced that 170 gates are going away system wide due to redundancy. Well any way you slice that, fewer gates generally means fewer aircraft.

Now, your MEC has given away more mainline flying.

The U.S. Economy is still in a free -fall mode and tens of thousands of people are losing their jobs on a daily basis in this country." - Whine

--------------------------------------------------

"Most of what you said up there was totally wrong." - Gen. Lee

--------------------------------------------------

Okay then:

- The New Delta has NO overlapping routes.

- Delta is NOT shedding gates.

- The Delta MEC has given away nothing.

- The U.S. Economy is NOT in a free-fall.

And, thousands of people are NOT losing their jobs in this country.

I stand corrected.

Thanks.

YKMKR

Last edited:
I am extremely disgusted by the union, but not surprised. I have been saying here for years now to watch out for Moak. He will cave on scope everytime it's an issue. This will not be the last time.

What they're not understanding, it seems, is that most of us (not just junior people) are extremely disgusted by how far the company has gone with outsourcing our jobs already. Many of the company's gains were achieved with a gun to our heads in BK. We not only do not want to give an inch on scope, we want back what we've given up. This was a chance to get something back they chose not to take.

We should have insisted on airplanes coming out of storage, the new -900s coming on to mainline, or taken the fight over the grievance all the way. Disgusted is putting it mildly.

Question for the RDs. Has Dalpa always been such a top down organization?? Meaning, has the Mec chair always done his own negotiating/deal making without the lec reps input? Did our lec reps get a vote on this? My understanding is no and that is the way dalpa functions. For all our warts and infighting we had (and some of you RDs ridiculed) there was at least some reigns on the Mec chairman. There would be and have been verbal and physical confrontations when 1 person or faction tried to go outside the group. Just trying to get a read on how dalpa operates. One man show, and if so lets disband the base chairs and save some flight pay loss and cocktails and dinners and just let Moak(or whomever follows) do their thing.

Latest resources

Back