• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL junior Pilots sold down the river by NEW MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whats even more sad is when you talk to pilots who fly these regional jets, they are even more excited that they are getting growth. But they dont realize that an the end they are destroying the very majors they want to work for.

You've never spoken with me than zman. There are still plenty of us who weren't able to leave our current jobs during the last hiring spree before the door slammed shut again.

9/11, the price of oil, the economy, and more relief on scope sure makes it difficult to move on to new jobs.

And here I've been dreaming that maybe alpa finally was seeing the light on outsourcing....nope.

alpa is still a wide-body flying club, or the new "O" club for the squadron buddies.
Maybe the "single-seniority list"will come about, to placate all of us furloughed or stuck at regionals BECAUSE OF SCOPE RELIEF/OUTSOURCING.
Not holding my breath.

ALPA national has no integrity, when it comes to protecting this profession and working standards.
It is run by risk-averse lawyers and neutered mustaches...

Seriously.

As long as DALPA is representing Delta pilots, we will continue to have no legs.

What would it take to push DALPA out and form our own union.

What would be the process? Is there someone in the know that knows?

Us regional guys will never know. The damn mainlines keep getting rid of all the damn jobs.

Where did you fly an A-320? The reason why the company wants us replaced is because 170 captains make less money than DC-9 first officers. We need our union to protect us from this. They are failing. You regional pilots that are super excited to fly your CRJ-900 or Emb-170 are part of the problem also.

these clowns have just about lost all credibility and are teetering on a desertification push.

Teetering?? Teetering!?!?

How much more damage needs to happen before they are over the edge in your opinion??

Compass wasn't enough? 76 seat jets by anyone wasn't enough? 255 70-76 seat jets isn't enough? More scope giveaway in exchange for a useless no-furlough clasue isn't enough?

It needs to happen now.....not after the rest of the damage is done.

We need our union to protect us from this. They are failing. You regional pilots that are super excited to fly your CRJ-900 or Emb-170 are part of the problem also.

We are all part of the problem! We are our worst enemies! We should put all the blame on ALPA not Regional Pilots flying the damn things. These guys are looking for jobs and most will take there first flying job for nearly nothing in pay. These aren't regional planes flying regional routes anymore.

ALPA needs to step it up.

Last edited:
I always thought Moak was a kool-aid drinking, company coqsucker. Guess I was correct along with many others who thought the same.

Last edited:
I felt the same way... CAL ALPA at DAL? Me thinks so. Well, maybe not, they actually protect their jobs...

It definately isn't the regional pilots fault. They are simply trying to follow the career path that is available as a pilot. The majority of them are waiting the chance to make the jump, and even the few that I have seen do so, have gotten screwed in the process.

So tell me again, exactly WHAT was Prater taking back??? (I think maybe we all thought it was our profession, meanwhile prater was thinking along the lines of lost income while flying for co....)

Latest resources

Back