• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL junior Pilots sold down the river by NEW MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Time to recall Moak plain and simple. This guy is and has been WAY too cozy with management for some time. I would rather have a pissed off NWA guy in there than Moak at this point. Of course the only true way to solve the scope give aways is to get a Jr guy in the top spot....and thats probably not going to happen:(

Agreed! .

I'm just glad to see that our union at SWA isn't the only jacked up organization out there. Why do we continually elect presidents and execs that get blinded by the hope of making it into the crystal palace?

Good luck guys.

Gup

A noob with a better job than you could ever dream of, lifer.

PS: It really is that much better at mainline.:blush:

If having such a "great job" could turn me into such a rabid baboon (as evidenced by your inspired previous posts,) I think I shall pass.

-So sorry.....

Hey ACL65,

Maybe ALPA should have wrapped their arms around the PID in 2000 and we might not have this problem today. Now the DCI carriers will fight to under cut each to get some of these aircraft.

We're all screwed.

701EV

Noooooo!!!!!!!

The RJDC returns!!!!

-When will it ever die????

is there an DAL MEC aspen number/person we can leave a "friendly" message with voice our view on this matter?

thanks

It's too bad the Delta pilots don't have Member Ratification of ANY and ALL side letters signed by the MEC.

It would make the Delta MEC come to the pilots and COMPLETELY and THOROUGHLY explain why they did what they did BEFORE it was done, since it would have to pass the "smell test" with the pilots.

I have been and always will be a big proponent of this at ANY airline. It's aggravating when a few people can control the lives and futures of thousands and the answers don't add up to anything but the probable loss of jobs in the future.

p.s. It appears that the only "furlough protection" that was given is the risk of 6 seats on those aircraft, correct? *IF* Delta decides to furlough, they have to make the 76-seaters into 70-seaters. I'm just wondering what the real risks and costs of that are... something that might have tipped the balance for the MEC to vote yes that *COULD* be given to the pilot group so that it avoids this animosity towards the MEC...

Something just doesn't add up...

[

p.s. It appears that the only "furlough protection" that was given is the risk of 6 seats on those aircraft, correct?

Thats all they would have to do anyway unfortunately, they area allowed up to 255 70 and 76 seaters. The only thing the grievance could have forced was the removal of those 6 seats.

*IF* Delta decides to furlough, they have to make the 76-seaters into 70-seaters. I'm just wondering what the real risks and costs of that are... something that might have tipped the balance for the MEC to vote yes that *COULD* be given to the pilot group so that it avoids this animosity towards the MEC...

Something just doesn't add up...[/quote]

New MEC just signed off on scope relief to the company on the 76 seat overage of airplanes. They got us "Furlough" protection. We all know that it will not hold up. But we will NEVER get that scope back. Great job MEC

Correction - this was a settlement done unilaterally by the old MEC from a grievance from before the combined MEC.

I can guarantee you this never would have gotten out the door at NALPA

FWIW, despite the attempt to perfume the pig, this is a concession:

1) A grievance resolution usually involves a cease and desist and an award for the contract violation, NOT accepting a step backwards and a concession.

2) Apparently ~9 of the aircraft that that are in violation of 120 seat limit are not yet delivered, This grievance resolution allows their delivery. If that’s not a concession what is?

3) The comment regarding having to increase from 753 to 768 mainline acft with the delivery of a 154th 76 seater is allowing another violation of the PWA:

Current PWA language requires a 1:3 increase of mainline acft for exceeding the 120 seat limit. Based on an overage of 26 acft we should have required 9 additional mainline acft or required the parking of those 26 76 seat acft.

Last edited:
Where's General Lee to chime in on this?

He probably vomited alittle in his mouth when he saw the title of the thread.

Damn, I was really hoping Delta ALPA wouldnt allow this. Oh well, we are our own worst enemies.

Latest resources

Back