• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL junior Pilots sold down the river by NEW MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whats even more sad is when you talk to pilots who fly these regional jets, they are even more excited that they are getting growth. But they dont realize that an the end they are destroying the very majors they want to work for.

Some are like that, many are not.

Everyone where I work, and I do mean every last one that I have flown with so far, is disgusted with any expansion in vendor flying.

Problem is that OUR MEC thinks that DCI makes a lot of money and this allows better mainline contracts and rates.
I am so dumbfounded as to how they came to that, but that is what I have been told.
I have tried to wrap my arms around why we want DCI to grow. I makes me really confused.
Now I know we will be getting more mainline jets so this is only a short term issue for DAL, but our union did not need to pacify them this way.

I just love the absolute BS "spin" the union had the gall to put out in their email:

"It’s important to understand that the agreement is a settlement over an issue of scope language [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]interpretation [/FONT]and [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]not [/FONT]an issue of "scope relief." Scope language is intended to protect pilot jobs. This agreement enhances job protections for Delta pilots. There has been no change to the scope language in our contract, and this settlement will [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]not [/FONT]increase the number of regional jet hulls; it simply codifies the number of seats that will be allowed in up to 26 of those aircraft."

The company was limited to a certain number of 76 seat jets. The union just allowed them to go over that amount by almost 30 additional 76-seat jets. That is scope relief pure and simple. They just allowed the potential parking of even more DC-9's. I don't care that the total number of RJ's did not increase. They are allowing more 76-seat jets to exist.

DAL/NWA alpa has proven once again that they are utterly incapable of preserving scope protections. The company says "boo" and they pee their pants. RA must be laughing his rear-end off.

Ask any of the roughly 2000 pilots at both DAL and NWA that were furloughed after 9-11 how that useless no-furlough clause worked out for them. Sure glad the union got an "improvement" in it in exchange for this.

Same f*&king pig with a different color lip stick....Just wait till the pilots, "brothers and sisters" that don't get furloughed fly an overwhelming amount of open time and then justify it with some lame a$$ excuse. HHHmmmmm what was that average number of hours of open time flown monthly genitalee?????? 4000? oh that's right it was around 5000 hours of open time flown monthly by the double breasted brothers. D a m n.... why oh why didn't I accept that recall?

They have the contractual right to do it, and we are suckers for money. We are are our worst enemy.

Last edited:
This makes me sick to my stomach. I want to give praise to the US Airways' pilots that de-certified ALPA. I wish the new Delta pilots would follow your lead. ALPA is run as a business. We are NOT represented by ALPA. ALPA represents itself and only itself. We caught the company BLATANTLY violating our contract on a HUGE issue and let them off the hook for a bullsh!t no-furlough clause. If we can't hold the company to our current scope agreement, then how are we going to hold them to our new no-furough clause agreement? The correct answer is, "WE CAN'T." We essentially just gave up more scope for nothing in return.

They have the contractual right to do it, and we are suckers for money. We are are our worst enemy.

Ding Ding Ding Ding .... we have a winner. Great logic ACL... I'll look for the supportive posts of your ALPA brethren should you ever get furloughed for years while the greedy wh o r e s rake in the dough while you can't put food on the table for your family. History will repeat itself because of the same greedy f*&ks that did it last time .... count on it.

I sure hope there are no furloughes because of this relief, but words like.....force manuer, no furlough clause, scope relief, recession, economic melt down..... hhhmmm lots of fun word for lawyers to throw around in courts to justify just about anything. Good luck...

No furlough clauses are a joke. Totally unenforceable. Notice how they put in the 'but' if you do furlough. This is pathetic. Delta MEC just sold away scope.

Hey ACL65,

Maybe ALPA should have wrapped their arms around the PID in 2000 and we might not have this problem today. Now the DCI carriers will fight to under cut each to get some of these aircraft.

We're all screwed.

701EV

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back