• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The makeup on my interview day was 1 Pinnacle (me- duh), 1 Shuttle America, 1 Eagle, 2 AirTran that were both former ASA, and the other 4 were ASA.

All except the trannies were current captains- the trannies had been captains at ASA before they left. All except for 1 AirTran were hired- everyone was extremely professional and obviously well qualified for the job.

There are suppose to be 8 starting on February 5th. If I did my math right you said 9 interviewed and 8 were hired so can I assume you start on the 5th?

Yes, preferential interviews not preferential hiring. I'm all for hiring every one of those ASA guys/gals that helped out Delta furloughees in their time of need. As for the Comair folks, here's my thoughts;

We walked their picket line, we took assessments from our paychecks to put food on their table, we wouldn't fly their struck work. Then when those same Delta guys/gals needed help from Comair after being furloughed, Comair turned their backs on them.

Don't give me that line about, "it was the senior Comair guys, not us." In 5 years, I didn't have a single Comair guy come up to me in ATL/CVG airports and say, "it's not me", or "we don't agree with this", or "I'm really sorry this happened". I didn't see you trying to recall your MEC or JC Lawson because you disagreed with the policy. Your silence as a group was tacit approval and now it's going to come back and haunt you. I hope life's good over there, you don't deserve an interview.

Trigger

Whoops... it was 8 total that interviewed. There were 3 ASA guys, not 4.

I guess it's a miracle I squeezed by the cognitive skills test, eh? :)

I am not sure but I think it was at least 20 or so. It could have been more. All of them were great guys. If you could come here after working at DAL and deal with a 25 y/o snot nosed capt. you are a better person than I.

Does anyone know if people have been turned down after the second day?

I was turned down 6 months after the second day. I still have the letter from Plato saying, "We would like to offer you employment as a Delta pilot....." I went into the pool, although they never really called it that. I just did all three phases and went home to wait.

Six months later: "Unfortunately, you do not meet our high standards...." This was in Oct. 1998, when my wife was pregnant with Ichiban.

Not to stir the pot, but y'all don't make any life-altering decisions until you're sitting in class.

Is there a list of pilots to be interviewed? If so, can a Delta pilot look to see where someone is on the list?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back