• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fact is that they cannot legally not interview and hire CMR pilots. What they turn them down for is another case, but if the MEC put this through then the CMR pilots could sue them.

Not sure I agree. The Delta MEC owes no duty to the Comair Pilots. Now if ALPA signs off on a resolution not to hire ALPA members, then there is a problem.

Hopefully Delta will have some aircraft order that results in growth going to mainline, finally. If we can just keep the Delta MEC from "selling" it to the lowest bidder.

We need legal advice to settle this dispute.

Is there a lawyer in the house?

Not sure I agree. The Delta MEC owes no duty to the Comair Pilots. Now if ALPA signs off on a resolution not to hire ALPA members, then there is a problem.

Not necessarily, there may be some substantive issues raised with the hiring of CMR pilots. Perhaps if the CMR pilots agreed to give DAL pilots super seniority and bidding rights on CMR aircraft, it might help aleviate some of those adverse "substantive " issues associated with the hiring CMR pilots. Of course it might just be a safety issue.:rolleyes:

Yes, but you have to clean your own toilets and bow down to jack holes. I fly corporate now, and it suks. Never ending sits at airports, boring FBOs, flying little planes, and airlining from the plane to home and back is not fun. It really isn't as great as you make it out to be. The pay is good, but everything else is not.

Wow the corporate job you had must of really sucked. I have never cleaned a toilet in an airplane. Little planes ? LOL...funny. Airlining home AS OPPOSED TO jumpseating to a CRASH PAD ? Funny again. Everything else is not great ? How would you know ? I never said it was GREAT, I said I make what a 12 year BIG AIRPLANE :rolleyes: captain makes...thats all. Just correcting you.

PS: it really IS great here. :D

I would love to see this pass also. When I get my hands on any documentation about this it will make me a very rich man. Then I can laugh at the thought of ever wanting to work at Delta.

Chill there little man! I am sure the poster was just kidding! But as a Comair pilot yourself I have no problem believing that you all will file another lawsuit for a billion dollars that claims you all are not being treated fair!! Here we go the RJDC allover again! What a pile $hit you all are indeed!

Just for the record I think the RJDC is wrong and should have been dropped a long time ago. With that said, Dalpa dropped the ball by not merging lists and stapling us. That would have resulted in Delta growth only. What has been created with regional jets not flying for mainline has destroyed this profession. Where does it end? The modern day DC-9 is being flown at fast food wages.

As far as chilling out, I can't. I worked hard and made extra sacrifices to go to the regional that I thought was holding the bar up on pay and doing its part to defend the profession. Then I find out that when Delta started hiring that I will be blackballed for working at Comair. I am pissed.

By the way, your attitude just reaffirms what every airline pilot had been telling me for many years about Delta pilots.

By the way, your attitude just reaffirms what every airline pilot had been telling me for many years about Delta pilots.

Honestly... at this point, we don't care what you think about a pilot group you don't belong to. Bottom line is we will hire a few comair pilots (sadly).....most of our new guys will come from ASA (thankfully). Thanks to ASA for what you did for our furloughed guys way back when it "wasn't cool" to help a furloughed pilot.

NYR

Just for the record I think the RJDC is wrong and should have been dropped a long time ago. With that said, Dalpa dropped the ball by not merging lists and stapling us.
Take it up with your mec who tried back about 7 years ago for a seniority grab with a DOH! Your pals were slapping rear ends thinking their 15 year seniority would have gotten them a 767 captain bid!

That would have resulted in Delta growth only. What has been created with regional jets not flying for mainline has destroyed this profession. Where does it end? The modern day DC-9 is being flown at fast food wages.
Again take it up with your mec....The DL mec doesn't negotiate YOUR pay rates! Didn't YOUR pilot group vote in concessions for shiny new aircraft?

As far as chilling out, I can't. I worked hard and made extra sacrifices to go to the regional that I thought was holding the bar up on pay and doing its part to defend the profession. Then I find out that when Delta started hiring that I will be blackballed for working at Comair. I am pissed.
This is the same group who did its part by screwing over its ASA brothers for concessions for growth, the same ones who upheld the profession by blackballing other ALPA pilots not to come work there?

I guess you must have missed this:

TO: Comair Pilots
DATE: December 16, 2002
Your MEC met in CVG with the Delta MEC Chairman, Captain Will Buergey, at his request, to discuss preferential hiring of furloughed Delta pilots at Comair. Through this letter, I hope to dispel rumors and provide a more thorough understanding of the purpose and outcome of that meeting.

The Delta MEC, while in session at the bi-annual October Board of Directors meeting in Hollywood, Florida, formally directed the Delta MEC Chairman via resolution to meet with the Comair MEC Chairman to seek preferential hiring for furloughed Delta pilots at Comair while allowing them to retain their Delta seniority.

The general philosophy held by the Comair MEC is:

We are sensitive to the regrettable plight of all furloughed pilots in our industry.
We encourage our management to hire pilots who seek a future at Comair.
We have formally approached Comair management and our management has agreed to preferential hiring of furloughed ALPA pilots.
We agree with our company's policy that requires prospective Comair pilots to resign their seniority at their previous carrier.
We believe our Company's industry-standard policy requiring seniority resignation is sound and wise. It promotes the general health and welfare of all Comair employees and serves to protect the future of our company.
At our meeting in CVG, Captain Buergey offered preferential hiring to Comair pilots if the Comair MEC would recommend to Comair management that they hire furloughed Delta pilots and allow them to retain their Delta seniority.

Your MEC responded that hiring any pilots at Comair who do not resign their seniority at their previous carrier gives rise to numerous substantive concerns. The Delta MEC's offer of (future) preferential hiring at Delta is not sufficiently substantive to overcome those concerns and solicit Comair pilots' support. We suggested three alternative concepts, any one or all of which might lead to a mutually beneficial solution:

Relax the Delta PWA, Section 1, seat restrictions imposed upon Comair and ASA that limit our growth in 70-seat and larger airframes.
Negotiate Delta Brand Scope language with Delta management that defines all Delta flying within the Delta revenue stream to be performed solely by Delta, Comair, and ASA pilots.
Negotiate a plan for future integration of our Delta, Comair, and ASA pilots seniority lists that fairly recognizes the efforts and contributions of all.

The Comair MEC stands ready to work with the collective MEC's to bring about change that makes sense in a challenging economic environment and works for all pilots who perform flying under the Delta brand. As we stated in the Tuesday, December 3rd meeting, our door is still open.

COMAIR MEC
AIR LINE PILOTS ASSOCIATION, INTERNATIONAL
SUITE 120 3940 OLYMPIC BOULEVARD ERLANGER, KY41018
859-282-9016 FAX 859-283-5533

Maybe by reading the bolded part, you could vent your anger at YOUR mec!

If you think we as DL pilots care what you cmr people think about us, guess again sport.....We supported your 89 day strike by allowing you to use our strike center, walking your picket lines, and paying you assessment money!
The thanks we get was a letter from jc telling us GFYS!
Guess what Johnny Knoxville.....If you're looking to sue, try Michael S. Haber, the rjdc lawyer, he's done so well for them!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back