• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just interviewed with Delta. I was the only military guy and the rest of the people were all ASA pilots in their mid to late 20's. Make sure you bring your FCC radio operators permit. They ask for it, but don't tell you to bring it. A few people didn't have theirs. The gouge mentioned on the previous posts is good. You could study that alone and probably pass the aviation knowledge test. The interview questions were mostly the same as well. The tests are all multiple choice on a computer. I interviewed first. 4 people, 2 pilots and 2 HR people. Very non confrontational and make you feel at ease. I did very well in the interview and thought I was a shoe in. Went in and took the aviation knowledge test. Did great. Then it came to the cognitive skills test. I have never in my life taken a test like this. If I had practiced for it I would have done fine. Not sure where you would get practiced up on it though. Anyway, they told me that I did not meet the mins on the cognitive test and that I could reapply in 6 months. They said they had some psycologists design the cognitive test to test your aviation skills / adaptability. It amazes me, I have no idea how I have flown an F/A-18 all these years!!! Best of luck to those that are going.

Just interviewed with Delta. I was the only military guy and the rest of the people were all ASA pilots in their mid to late 20's. Make sure you bring your FCC radio operators permit. They ask for it, but don't tell you to bring it. A few people didn't have theirs. The gouge mentioned on the previous posts is good. You could study that alone and probably pass the aviation knowledge test. The interview questions were mostly the same as well. The tests are all multiple choice on a computer. I interviewed first. 4 people, 2 pilots and 2 HR people. Very non confrontational and make you feel at ease. I did very well in the interview and thought I was a shoe in. Went in and took the aviation knowledge test. Did great. Then it came to the cognitive skills test. I have never in my life taken a test like this. If I had practiced for it I would have done fine. Not sure where you would get practiced up on it though. Anyway, they told me that I did not meet the mins on the cognitive test and that I could reapply in 6 months. They said they had some psycologists design the cognitive test to test your aviation skills / adaptability. It amazes me, I have no idea how I have flown an F/A-18 all these years!!! Best of luck to those that are going.

I do not think Delta flies any F/A-18s but best of luck to you. Ride out the military, get a retirement and most of all, THANKS for your service to our country. You are the reason most of us can drink beer and post smart ass comments on this board!

You are also the reason some of us still check this forum

Good honest info...

Karma has a way of sorting things out.

Respectfully,

fareview

Anyway, they told me that I did not meet the mins on the cognitive test and that I could reapply in 6 months. They said they had some psycologists design the cognitive test to test your aviation skills / adaptability. It amazes me, I have no idea how I have flown an F/A-18 all these years!!! Best of luck to those that are going.

First of all, let me also say thank you for your service to our country. Second, let me say as a pilot I am embarassed that an F/A-18 pilot gets taken out on a cognitive skills test. Further, if this test is such a great indication of your flying skills, why would they let you apply again in six months?

What exactly does this congnitive skills test cover?

I interviewed with DAL back in 1998. Was rejected, of course, silly me, after the two on one interview.

I remember back then hearing that Plato Rhine (sp) was a little miffed at the psych eval. Seems DAL rejected some AF 1 pilots due to the eval.

Seems to me that DAL could find just as good of candidates by carefully studying the resumes, thorough background checks and interviews. They have to do them anyway.

I'll wait until they're securely out of bankruptcy for a while.

Great info guys. I know for a fact that they are shooting for about 50% pass rate for day one. I am not sure what they are looking for with day two.
Hazen, How many ASA guys and gals made it? Thus far we have had 30-40 interview. I think that they normally take all but one of us.

I am glad they are hiring ASA guys, since they helped our furloughed pilots. :)

Bye Bye--General Lee

So General I have a question for you. I was a pilot at CMR for a little more than a year from 2005 to 2006, would you oppose someone like me from being hired at Delta? UBA757

For whatever reason if you go to the aviationinterviews site and DO NOT log in, select the DAL gauge you will see a single very long gouge that almost looks like it was put out by DAL themselves. Has all the answers too.

Latest resources

Back