• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that is funny. I make what a 12 year 75/76 captain make at Delta based on a 65 hour guarantee. I am a year 6 frac pilot. Things could change but...will they ?

Maybe you should compare the two rates when DAL was not in bankruptcy.

If they emerge, and make money, I will wager that you will no longer make what a 12 yr 767 CA makes.

Just for the record I think the RJDC is wrong and should have been dropped a long time ago. With that said, Dalpa dropped the ball by not merging lists and stapling us. That would have resulted in Delta growth only. What has been created with regional jets not flying for mainline has destroyed this profession. Where does it end? The modern day DC-9 is being flown at fast food wages.

As far as chilling out, I can't. I worked hard and made extra sacrifices to go to the regional that I thought was holding the bar up on pay and doing its part to defend the profession. Then I find out that when Delta started hiring that I will be blackballed for working at Comair. I am pissed.

By the way, your attitude just reaffirms what every airline pilot had been telling me for many years about Delta pilots.

I do not give a $hit what you think about me or other Delta pilots! Just to make it clear for you, I have no problem flying with any regional pilots! ASA is welcome in my opinion! I would like to see every regional pilot being hired. I just do not want any Comair puke at Delta! This is what the majority of Delta pilots feel! We are not to good for anyone! We just dont want you here! Please look somewhere else!

I do not give a $hit what you think about me or other Delta pilots! Just to make it clear for you, I have no problem flying with any regional pilots! ASA is welcome in my opinion! I would like to see every regional pilot being hired. I just do not want any Comair puke at Delta! This is what the majority of Delta pilots feel! We are not to good for anyone! We just dont want you here! Please look somewhere else!

acarpe:
I agree....I would especially like to see ASA folks get hired!

Just refer any cmr puke to the following from their mec:

The Delta MEC's offer of (future) preferential hiring at Delta is not sufficiently substantive to overcome those concerns and solicit Comair pilots' support.

It should shut any and all of them up!
GFYS cmr!

acarpe:
I agree....I would especially like to see ASA folks get hired!

Just refer any cmr puke to the following from their mec:

The Delta MEC's offer of (future) preferential hiring at Delta is not sufficiently substantive to overcome those concerns and solicit Comair pilots' support.

It should shut any and all of them up!
GFYS cmr!

737PYLT

I just don't get it! Why do these guys think they have given us anything?
Why do they all deny supporting the MEC's senority resignation cra$? Why do they continue to think they should be welcomed here with open arms? Can't they see that their group would $hit on and run over any group to ensure they get more flying, and bigger jets for themselves? Oh$hit I pray these clowns just look elsewhere I get sick just thinking about seeing anyof them here. Maybe they are starting to realize that everyone is looking at them as the A$$ Holes that they are! I am sick of hearing about how they were so brave by their strike! 89DAYS! $hit, try nearly 3 years on the street!

TO: Comair Pilots
DATE: December 16, 2002
Your MEC met in CVG with the Delta MEC Chairman, Captain Will Buergey, at his request, to discuss preferential hiring of furloughed Delta pilots at Comair. Through this letter, I hope to dispel rumors and provide a more thorough understanding of the purpose and outcome of that meeting.

The Delta MEC, while in session at the bi-annual October Board of Directors meeting in Hollywood, Florida, formally directed the Delta MEC Chairman via resolution to meet with the Comair MEC Chairman to seek preferential hiring for furloughed Delta pilots at Comair while allowing them to retain their Delta seniority.

The general philosophy held by the Comair MEC is:

We are sensitive to the regrettable plight of all furloughed pilots in our industry.
We encourage our management to hire pilots who seek a future at Comair.
We have formally approached Comair management and our management has agreed to preferential hiring of furloughed ALPA pilots.
We agree with our company's policy that requires prospective Comair pilots to resign their seniority at their previous carrier.
We believe our Company's industry-standard policy requiring seniority resignation is sound and wise. It promotes the general health and welfare of all Comair employees and serves to protect the future of our company.
At our meeting in CVG, Captain Buergey offered preferential hiring to Comair pilots if the Comair MEC would recommend to Comair management that they hire furloughed Delta pilots and allow them to retain their Delta seniority.

Your MEC responded that hiring any pilots at Comair who do not resign their seniority at their previous carrier gives rise to numerous substantive concerns. The Delta MEC's offer of (future) preferential hiring at Delta is not sufficiently substantive to overcome those concerns and solicit Comair pilots' support. We suggested three alternative concepts, any one or all of which might lead to a mutually beneficial solution:

Relax the Delta PWA, Section 1, seat restrictions imposed upon Comair and ASA that limit our growth in 70-seat and larger airframes.
Negotiate Delta Brand Scope language with Delta management that defines all Delta flying within the Delta revenue stream to be performed solely by Delta, Comair, and ASA pilots.
Negotiate a plan for future integration of our Delta, Comair, and ASA pilots seniority lists that fairly recognizes the efforts and contributions of all.

The Comair MEC stands ready to work with the collective MEC's to bring about change that makes sense in a challenging economic environment and works for all pilots who perform flying under the Delta brand. As we stated in the Tuesday, December 3rd meeting, our door is still open.

COMAIR MEC
AIR LINE PILOTS ASSOCIATION, INTERNATIONAL
SUITE 120 3940 OLYMPIC BOULEVARD ERLANGER, KY41018
859-282-9016 FAX 859-283-5533

I did miss this as I was not at Comair during this time. After reading it I now understand the anger directed toward Comair pilots. However, I still do not understand how it can be directed toward Comair pilots that were not even at the company when this happened.

I always assumed (and I know what that does) that Delta pilots wanted to get hired into Captain slots and slide Comair guys back into furloughs like many flow through (back) programs. I can't believe we would not hire you as new hires! That is just wrong and I am sorry for that.

The document also did state that we should merge lists as one of the options. The loss of bargaining power by dividing us has cost both pilot groups in a substantial way. I believe that division is something that will continue to hant every pilot group well into the future unless it is resolved. I understand that our senoir pilots wanted something other than a staple. That is not what the majority of our pilots wanted. Just like in any union pilot group the senoir pilots control everything.

As far as the reputation goes...well, I did not write Comair pilots, I just wrote airline pilots. I had heard it growing up as an airline kid from my father and all of his fellow pilots. As I continue to work in the Delta system, new examples reinforce their observation every day.

Last edited:
I never saw your pilot group give one ounce of effort in trying to remove your representatives! If your pilot group did not agree with this philosophy, they should have thrown them out on their a$$! To me and most other Delta pilots, it appears that the Comair pilots saw a weak DALPA post 911, and you all grabed for bigger jets, more jets, less scope, DOH merge, etc. etc. It is what Comair is famous for! You were there during these times! What did you do to try to stop it?

I never saw your pilot group give one ounce of effort in trying to remove your representatives! If your pilot group did not agree with this philosophy, they should have thrown them out on their a$$! To me and most other Delta pilots, it appears that the Comair pilots saw a weak DALPA post 911, and you all grabed for bigger jets, more jets, less scope, DOH merge, etc. etc. It is what Comair is famous for! You were there during these times! What did you do to try to stop it?

What did I do to try and stop it? Well not much. On September 11, 2001 I was taking my instrument check ride. Hired at Comair in 2004. So the only negative thing that I was here for is the pay freeze. Not a pay cut, a freeze. I was on probation and could not vote. It was a 51% to 50% vote. It passed by eight pilots. So as you can see our pilot group is not in 100% agreement on all issues. Just 48 hours prior to the vote some union reps that were negotiating with management sent out a letter stating that if we did not except the freeze they felt we would probably have a slow liquidation. Half the pilots were motivated by fear and did not think.

As this thread has educated me on the past between Delta and Comair, maybe next time you stop over in CVG I can teach you about the politics of our MEC. By the way, how long did it take to get rid of Duane Worthless?

Latest resources

Back