• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal ae

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and who explained it to you? if it was a pilot or management, then i might be a little skeptical.... just sayin

Guys - fight for overstaffing. Whenever the management says "we are staffed just right" - you are way understaffed!
87 hour lines and almost illegal reserves - been there..

Hello guys....

Quick question. To bid a percentage of the category for vd/md, etc...how is that accomplished? For example, if I want to bid the bus in dtw, but only if I am 30% from the bottom to get in lineholder area, how do I bid that? 70% or 30%? Thanks in advance.

Quick question. To bid a percentage of the category for vd/md, etc...how is that accomplished? For example, if I want to bid the bus in dtw, but only if I am 30% from the bottom to get in lineholder area, how do I bid that? 70% or 30%? Thanks in advance.

Putting 70 on your bid means that you want to be in the top 70%. Answer: 70.

It's got to be a good thing. Good for DAL!

Not if Republic becomes your partner. He will start using Airbus and Ejets at lower labor rates....PRAY THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH DELTA or AIRTRAN because the downward spiral will continue and our professions will become attacked again..

Article on yahoo-->""The company must also choose which alliance partner it will keep. Midwest had a relationship with Delta through an investment made by Northwest and TPG partners. Frontier has a relationship with AirTran. “We are going to have to figure out who our dance partner is in 2010 and combine that option as well,” he said. For AirTran, the Frontier partnership is less strategic than it was at formation given its expansion plans which has made it a coast-to-coast carrier.""

Bryan Bedford is eyeing SKYTEAM>

CYA

IF and thats a big IF there arent sufficient bidders for a fenced position than the other side would be able to bid for the unfilled positions.

I dont see this happening though because I'm sure enough people will bid it.
Correct me if I am wrong (and I may be), but another disincentive for people thinking there will be insufficient bidders is that, no matter how system-senior that (fenced off) bidder is that does manage to get an award on an insufficient bid....he will be placed at the bottom of that category position for bidding purposes....ie. in DTW, if the #1 system seniority fNWA capt got 777A on an insufficient bid, he would go below all fDAL 777As in DTW, no matter how junior their system seniority is...and vice-versa for fDAL bidding for 744 and 787 positions..

Correct me if I am wrong (and I may be), but another disincentive for people thinking there will be insufficient bidders is that, no matter how system-senior that (fenced off) bidder is that does manage to get an award on an insufficient bid....he will be placed at the bottom of that category position for bidding purposes....ie. in DTW, if the #1 system seniority fNWA capt got 777A on an insufficient bid, he would go below all fDAL 777As in DTW, no matter how junior their system seniority is...and vice-versa for fDAL bidding for 744 and 787 positions..

Heyas Licorice,

That's not how it works.

The only thing that is affected by the fence is an award or a displacement.

Assuming a NWA guy got a 777 award because of insufficient bidders, he would bid everything else in his normal seniority. If he was the most senior, he would bid #1 for schedules, vacations and everything else.

However, if a displacement occurred in the position, he would be the first to get displaced, ASSUMING he was the only person with an insufficient bidder award.

This went on for years with the fence at NWA. Greenbook guys would wait years and years for a widebody slot while redbook guys years their junior held them. But once they got an award, they would bid at the top because their "normal" seniority took over once they got in the seat.

The current SLI award works in exactly the same way. This has been asked and answered on the ALPA forum.

Nu

....which brings up a good point - why are we even having this discussion here, when the ALPA forum is available?

Guys, DALPA has put out a great guide on AE, MD, VD bidding on the DALPA pilots' website. I strongly recommend downloading it and reading it on yoyur next trip. All your answers can be found in it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back