• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVRs of both the Legacy, and GOL 737 over Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing dismissed were their negligence in communications.

The transponder and TCAS issues seem more ominous for them.

But Joseph Lepore and Jan Paul Paladino still face charges for allegedly putting aviation safety at risk by presenting a faulty flight plan and deactivating a security mechanism that could have avoided the collision, the court and the defense attorney said.

I had to stop listening to the 737.

People, if you want to get an emergency declared in international ops. Mayday, Mayday, Mayday seems to work quite well.

Have you flown in Brazil? For hours and hours over the jungle you still only get half a$$ clear communication with someone. It's a joke down there, they still live in the stone age with radio comm. I'd rather they put NY Oceanic in control of it and use NY Radio HF for relay than what they have now.

Have you flown in Brazil? For hours and hours over the jungle you still only get half a$$ clear communication with someone. It's a joke down there, they still live in the stone age with radio comm. I'd rather they put NY Oceanic in control of it and use NY Radio HF for relay than what they have now.

If accidents are a culmination of small events this will certainly support that statement. Very indepth (long read) some biases by the Brazillian Report while trying to remain objective but very informative click on this link and read the Brazilian CENIPA report:

http://www.ntsb.gov/Aviation/Brazil-CENIPA.htm

Last edited:
rumor control......could someone confirm or dispell a rumor i heard the other day.........

i heard the legacy crew were found quilty of some sort of neglagence and that if they leave the us can be deported to brasil for prosecution (jail time) is this true??????

Latest resources

Back