• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crj-1000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I watched mainline shrink in 2001 and DCI explode. I have a lot of friends over at ASA. It is a first class operation. I have no ill will towards you. I respect your MEC Chairman as well. Five years it too long.

I know where scope got sold. I am doing my part to try and reverse that trend. We do have some headwind to this, but we are also getting some support from some unlikely individuals.
It is going to take time. Lets fight together, not separate. There are going to be times where you have to realize that for the greater good there may be some perceived and real losses on both sides.
This is about getting your jets to the mainline cert. That in turn will put you guys here and make a larger and stronger group. Only through that process will we be able to dig ourselves out of this hole.

I watched mainline shrink in 2001 and DCI explode. I have a lot of friends over at ASA. It is a first class operation. I have no ill will towards you. I respect your MEC Chairman as well. Five years it too long.

I know where scope got sold. I am doing my part to try and reverse that trend. We do have some headwind to this, but we are also getting some support from some unlikely individuals.
It is going to take time. Lets fight together, not separate. There are going to be times where you have to realize that for the greater good there may be some perceived and real losses on both sides.
This is about getting your jets to the mainline cert. That in turn will put you guys here and make a larger and stronger group. Only through that process will we be able to dig ourselves out of this hole.

I agree. I spent a recent flight in a 75 jumpseat talking to a 12yr NWA FO about this same issue and the conversation came to the same conclusion as your statement-the only way change will come is with a combined effort.

I am a low seniority capt. at a regional, but I am still interested in what happens with future aircraft and getting both them and myself to mainline. You may be surprised how many in my position are with you on this, the problem is young guys right now, their short-sightedness is unfortunate but I suppose to be expected.

Yes people will cut off their nose despite their face.

I was there, I know where you can get the mindset.
I left due to the long term issues with viability of the DCI business plan.
I also was very tired of flying 1000 hrs a year to see six figures.

I agree with ACL65PILOT except for the jets on main line cert part. Lets get ALL airplanes on the main line cert. T-props included.

I agree with ACL65PILOT except for the jets on main line cert part. Lets get ALL airplanes on the main line cert. T-props included.
Then Sully wouldn't be able to blame "inexperienced regional pilots" for any plane that crashes. Mainline pilots wouldn't throw themselves under the bus...

Absolutely agreed. That is going to be a long and multi-tiered battle, but I would truly love to see that outcome.

I agree. I spent a recent flight in a 75 jumpseat talking to a 12yr NWA FO about this same issue and the conversation came to the same conclusion as your statement-the only way change will come is with a combined effort.

I am a low seniority capt. at a regional, but I am still interested in what happens with future aircraft and getting both them and myself to mainline. You may be surprised how many in my position are with you on this, the problem is young guys right now, their short-sightedness is unfortunate but I suppose to be expected.

WHAT??? us "young" pilots have the most to gain from a staple of regional pilots to mainline. At an unnamed large regional airline based in Atlanta, it is the very senior who would be against such a thing.

WHAT??? us "young" pilots have the most to gain from a staple of regional pilots to mainline. At an unnamed large regional airline based in Atlanta, it is the very senior who would be against such a thing.

Good point, there are senior guys against this too. I suppose I've run into so many junior ones in favor of the regionals getting everything and 'replacing' mainline flying that it started to seem like the norm.

So let me rephrase, short-sightedness on the part of many regional pilots...

Who cares if the "young" guys want more airplanes at their regional? The only way the airplanes get there is if the wise old mainline guys give them away.

Latest resources

Back