Crj-1000

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:rolleyes:
I am sure you are right, they probably designed the thing without really looking at the size of the seats first, and had planned on going with a 3+2 configuration, then after they had the whole thing made and started putting the seats in they realized that 3+2 would not work so they just said the heck with it and put really wide 2+2 seats.

Actually that is NOT the case.

The E-jets were designed from the start as comfortable 2+2 aircraft. There is no comparison to the CRJ series, infact those comparisons are a sore spot for Embraer.

The operating economic favor the E-Series over the CRJ if you give passengers the same seating pitch.

It's only when the pax are "sardinecanned-in" that the CRJ per seatmile cost is below the E-series.

And yes Bill Lear even before the grave tried to stop the 601. At least the CRJ1000 is visually more in line with all of Bill Lear's other designs...

Cheers
George

...And yes Bill Lear even before the grave tried to stop the 601. At least the CRJ1000 is visually more in line with all of Bill Lear's other designs...

Cheers
George

Bill Lear hated any plane you could stand up in :D He just wanted go fast and climb like hell. His designs were like toothpicks with horizontal stabilizers for wings.

Lears are amazing airplanes for speed and efficiency, comfortable? Not so much. I still remember the jokes about Lear drivers, like how you could tell which one was the CA/FO by what directions their necks were permanently bent. The 601 was probably like the antichrist for him.

Guy was in the wrong business-shoulda been building rockets.

Bombardier should be embarrassed of the 1000. It's like building a 400 seat airplane based on the DC-9.

Except for that small simple fact that it is by far the most economical 100-seater. Think passengers prefer the EMB-195? They may, but they aren't willing to pay more for it. It's all about $$$, and the CRJ-1000 makes them.

Except for that small simple fact that it is by far the most economical 100-seater. Think passengers prefer the EMB-195? They may, but they aren't willing to pay more for it. It's all about $$$, and the CRJ-1000 makes them.

Great post and right on the money..(sorry could not resist)

I "prefer" to ride in a limo on my commute ....but I wont pay for it.

I don't get the CRJ bigotry.

The diameter of the fuselage is roughly that of the Concord.

I don't get the CRJ bigotry.

The diameter of the fuselage is roughly that of the Concord.
And 1/3rd the speed and none of the boner factor, tell a chick you fly the Concord, and she peels her clothes off, tell her you fly an RJ and she throws up a little in her mouth.
PBR

...tell her you fly an RJ and she throws up a little in her mouth.

I can understand you're having that affect on women.

Nevertheless, the subject has never been about speed. The dismissal of the CRJ as inferior on this board has, thus far, been all about cabin dimensions, no?

The Concord seated passengers 2 by 2 in a tube with almost the same cross section.

Latest resources

Back