CR-700 Displacements at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
COLA?

Not to change the subject or get off on a tangent, but has anyone heard if there is any chance of pilots being allowed to consider a company offered leave of absence? They did offer COLA to the flight attendants.

I know that there are those who would just as soon take leave and work their other job than be a reserve whipping boy (or girl for the PC crowd).

Word on the street today is that some of the 700's destined for ASA might not end up there.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if they were directed to Comair; an operation that has itself together...

Atlanta station poor performance 8/13/03...

Wait for wheelchair - 31 minutes
Wait for lift for "straight-back" - 46 minutes
Wait for dispatch release - 58 minutes
Southern Hospitality - Priceless!

It is not the flight crews. What good, or difference, does it make whether there is a Comair, ASA, or Skywest, ACA, or Chautauqua crew stuck waiting for service in ATL?

ASA's President sent out a long letter - justifying - yes sports fans - justifying the poor performance last week. His point was that while we do still have a long way to go, we are improving. Also, the weather this year has been unusually lousy.

ASA's President is actually a Delta employee. He should be pretty well connected into the DAL political current and if they were thinking of diverting airplane orders it would be for another reason. AKA - Contract negotiations. But we are getting sunny reports there too.

Perhaps we are on the scope limits, or ALPA actually did manage to get the CRJ700's diverted to mainline. Since Comair's RJDC suit is further advanced, it would make sense to obtain these airplanes from ASA since we lack the Court's oversight at this time.

We could go nuts trying to figure out if this is real, or if Comair's Atlanta invasion simply means our flying is going towards Dallas. The October Preliminary Assignments should be posted around the 16th of the month. Guess we will see.

Unfortunately for the ASA flight crews, mgmt and ground service would be the reason for 70-seat transferrals to CMR. Like fins said, the only difference who flies into ATL is who is sitting in the cockpit waiting for the ground crews.

There is nothing worse than being told you're going to get something, and then have the rug pulled out from under you (CMR at DFW). I wouldn't blame you for being upset, however, make sure you blame the people who caused the problem...ASA ground crews and mgmt, not Comair pilots. If it does happen, I strongly doubt Comair mgmt would turn down the aircraft in sympathy for another airline's pilots; nobody would.

Labor Relations-101: Use your work groups against each other to get what you want.

Delta pilots already took the bait...hook, line and sinker. I hope it never comes to that with ASA/Comair pilots, and it shouldn't as long as we remember who's pulling the puppet strings.

Don't forget however that all we know for sure is that some ASA 70-seat pilots are being displaced. Aside from that, its all speculation.

As I said, look at the whole picture. There are still some EMB guys in DFW that have EMB-DFW still on their bid sheets, which means when the EMB flying is over (just about is, still have some downgrade flights) those guys get to go wherever they want as long as their seniority can hold it. If they want the 70, they get it, (seniority dictating), so pilots below them get pushed off the plane and back to the 50, or wherever. For some reason the company doesn't mind being way overstaffed on the 50, but not the 70, probably for pay reasons.

miller22 said:
Unfortunately for the ASA flight crews, mgmt and ground service would be the reason for 70-seat transferrals to CMR. Like fins said, the only difference who flies into ATL is who is sitting in the cockpit waiting for the ground crews.

There is nothing worse than being told you're going to get something, and then have the rug pulled out from under you (CMR at DFW). I wouldn't blame you for being upset, however, make sure you blame the people who caused the problem...ASA ground crews and mgmt, not Comair pilots. If it does happen, I strongly doubt Comair mgmt would turn down the aircraft in sympathy for another airline's pilots; nobody would.

Labor Relations-101: Use your work groups against each other to get what you want.

Delta pilots already took the bait...hook, line and sinker. I hope it never comes to that with ASA/Comair pilots, and it shouldn't as long as we remember who's pulling the puppet strings.

Don't forget however that all we know for sure is that some ASA 70-seat pilots are being displaced. Aside from that, its all speculation.

I look forward to Comair opening contract talks in a few years. I can't wait to fly your former aircraft (remember that we didn't do that during your strike, but now we see how you guys are). I look forward to opening a CVG hub. Hopefully we will get all of your planned growth.

What goes around......................

sleepy said:
I look forward to Comair opening contract talks in a few years. I can't wait to fly your former aircraft (remember that we didn't do that during your strike, but now we see how you guys are). I look forward to opening a CVG hub. Hopefully we will get all of your planned growth.

What goes around......................

So it starts...

The only displacements so far on the 700 are FO's due to their lack of seniority and in conjunction with the EMB retirements. No Cpts on the 700 have been displaced. It is only a rumor that has been floating around for quite a while. We will see when the Oct prelims come out on the 16th or 18th.

Their is absolutely no credibility to any rumor that ASA 700 deliveries have been diverted to someone else. The only question is whether they go to DFW or ATL. I have heard both rumors regarding the domicile placement for these aircraft.

The rest of these rumors are pure garbage.

Sleepy, that was in incredibly stupid thing to post.

sleepy said:
I can't wait to fly your former aircraft (remember that we didn't do that during your strike)...
Actually, we did. I don't think this is where this needs to go. It's not the Comair pilots' fault. What are they supposed to do? Refuse trips through ATL? We'd be doing the same thing if the roles were reversed, and there's nothing we could do about it.

To Comair pilots: while we at ASA are currently frustrated about lack of growth and the dilution of flying at our hubs, the opinion stated above is a minority one, to use an understatement. We understand where the orders are coming from.

It's whipsawing at its finest to beat us down during contract negotiations, and some are falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Latest resources

Back