• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CR-700 Displacements at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I for one have changed my bid to AT7 Captain - not based on some individual's advice - but more importantly what aircraft I will be able to hold a hard line on the soonest. The fact that the company is footing the bill for another type rating doesn't bother me either.

Does anyone have a guess how many more might be displaced?

I'm bidding copilot and hoping for a new award within 6 months.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not the company will honor that? Or if its not a good idea. Thanks....

CR7CAP said:
I for one have changed my bid to AT7 Captain - not based on some individual's advice - but more importantly what aircraft I will be able to hold a hard line on the soonest. The fact that the company is footing the bill for another type rating doesn't bother me either.
CR7CAP you are going to have to change your screen name. Prop trash is already taken... ;) But there are reasons not to change your bid preference to the AT7.
:( The airplane will be gone by 2005, the leases run out and it will be replaced, probably by CRJ's if DAL can get scope relief (source Reed Business 8/4/03 interview with Buttrell).
:rolleyes: You want to go through training at least twice more?
:mad: There is no pay differential between the AT7 and CR2, meaning they don't have to let you bid off the AT7
:eek: No one is retiring off the AT7, not in the numbers they are off the CR7 and CR2.
:cool: Hope you like VLD, MCN, ASV, CHA, MGM and CSG. Those are the only overnights except for the glamor super senior overnights in VPS.
:( The average AT7 leg is less than 45 minutes, the average turn time is around 2.0 hours (but scheduled for 50 minutes). Six legs of that stuff and you have put in a 14 hour day and have around 5.0 hours of pay to show for it. Even holding a schedule on the ATR aint that great. Not like a round trip to MMTY blocked to 6.0 hours plus.

Have fun.

P.S. Did I mention round dials, NDB holds (no kidding I've done them in AVL) and the APU is always deferred (oh that is right the airplane does not have them but the ATL rampers are great about getting you reliable GPU's that never shut down at night with a plane load of passengers. The FMS looks a lot like a Low Altitude chart and an RMI.

Have lots of fun.

Last edited:
From~~~^~~~
CR7CAP you are going to have to change your screen name. Prop trash is already taken... But there are reasons not to change your bid preference to the AT7........

On the other side of the coin, for those of us junior soon to be kicked off the CRJ700 Captins, its a good way of avoiding further displacements, and an added bonus of being able to bump back some of those oh so junior AT7 Captins who don't appreciate thier job any way, and feel as though they have a God given right to fly.

AS far as round dials and NDB holds are concerned that's the basic kind of stuff any pilot at ASA has a good grasp of, plus instead of holding, just stick the flaps and gear out and slow that lumbering giant down to a snails pace giving your self a comfortable 10- 15 minutes before you even reach a hold, in three years on the Brasilla I think I held only five times, six tops.

So go ahead and bid the giant of the prop world its not such a bad choice you can say your in an elite group of pilots and proudly get another type rating at the company's expense.

SAY YES TO THE ATR I know I will. (Training deptment the drinks are on me:)
Laterrrr....
:p

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back