CR-700 Displacements at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CR7CAP

The October preliminaries should be very interesting. Rumor has it that there will definately be Captain displacements on the 700! I guess we all saw it coming - given the amount of time off we've had sitting reserve.

Where did you get this information? Considering the fact that ASA is to receive 16 new aircraft by Dec 2004, I don't believe the company would displace anyone.

If this were to happen, the company would have to retrain those displaced, then again train new -700 captains when the remainder of the fleet starts arriving. This is almost assuredly not going to happen....

Hope it doesn't. When are the Oct prelims due out?

Oct prelims are due 9-18.

ATL CR700 lines are down to 34 hard , 5 relief and 34 reserve.

Displacements are a strong rumor. I have a feeling all the growth in 700 flying is coming out of DFW.

Anybody know what the DFW CR700 lines are ????

Is this the same source that said we would cut the lines in half on the fifty this month? I'll believe it when I see it :)

I'm getting displaced off the 700 as an FO. There are 11 FOs on the 700 in DFW getting displaced as well. Time will tell.

Displaced, as in moved off the airplane, or a change of domicile? Big difference. I can certainly see people in ATL getting sent to DFW, but not moved of the airplane. Of course some people are getting "bumped" back and pushed of the plane by more senior people getting displaced of the EMB, but the number of people on the airplane will not change. The 50 seat lines actually grew in ATL for Sept. (GASP.....)
Of course the dreaded HOU nap is back!

From waht I hear we will not displace any ATL CR7 pilots. We will help cover the shortage of CR7 pilots in DFW with the 5 day trips that are on the Sept schedule. There is a letter on the wall in ATL from Crew Planning that explains that we will be over on CR7 pilots in ATL until next year. The Sept schedules look pretty good for days off.

I haven't seen the letter in Atlanta but a few of us (ATL CR7 FOs) are going back to the 50 seater. There are 11 in DFW that are going to the 50 as well.

Word on the street today is that some of the 700's destined for ASA might not end up there.

Latest resources

Back