CR-700 Displacements at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shrinkage

I think we went through that last year losing a base and all the a/c that went w/ it. Don't worry our growth recovered well and so will yours. If we didn't bit.ch, we would not be pilots. Saw your 70 in CVG the other night. That is what I call a late night turn. I expect we will be seeing more of that if Reid wants to improve on 10.5 hrs. utilization. Take care.

rjcap said:
The only displacements so far on the 700 are FO's due to their lack of seniority and in conjunction with the EMB retirements. No Cpts on the 700 have been displaced. It is only a rumor that has been floating around for quite a while.

RJCAP-

Looks like it's more than a rumor. Just read a memo on Flica addressed to all ATL CR7 Captains. I guess another type rating (AT7) won't be so bad.

CR7CAP,

Where on FLICA did you see that memo.

701EV

I looked and could not find anything. Did this only go out to those on the CR7?

The memo, if reposted, would look a lot like this:
To: ATL CRJ CA

Subject: Resultant Displacement

Based on your seniority, you may be subject to a resultant displacement during the upcoming Award process that will reduce the ATL CR7 CA positions. A resultant displacement occurs when a more senior pilot displaces into a position that has no vacancies which then results in the most junior pilot in that position being displaced.

The displacement process is explained in §24.G.2 and applies to all displacements. A captain being displaced may be able to choose, by virtue of the Bid Preference form on file and his seniority, one of two displacement tracks (Track A or Track B).

(Blah Blah)

Does anyone know how many, or why, the change in the Company's staffing?

Candidly, it bothers me that this Company can upset folks lives like this and not even have the decency to pass along what they know as far as expected numbers and their reasoning. Quite a few of the new Captains have purchased homes and had kids in the last year and a half. With the income levels at ASA, having a family means you must be in the left seat, or work at another business.

If the Company is trying to send a message about contract negotiations, they had better speak more clearly. The message I'm getting is that they want a Comair style war.

Last edited:
~~~^~~~ said:
The memo, if reposted, would look a lot like this:

Does anyone know how many, or why, the change in the Company's staffing?

Candidly, it bothers me that this Company can upset folks lives like this and not even have the decency to pass along what they know as far as expected numbers and their reasoning. Quite a few of the new Captains have purchased homes and had kids in the last year and a half. With the income levels at ASA, having a family means you must be in the left seat, or work at another business.

If the Company is trying to send a message about contract negotiations, they had better speak more clearly. The message I'm getting is that they want a Comair style war.

This is probably from more senior Capts leaving the E-120 and chosing the CR7. If I was a new Capt at ASA on any aircraft, I would not make any big financially related moves until I had about 10 years with company.

The best way to avoid this problem is to find a spouse with a stable and well paying job.

Sleepy,

There weren't any EMB captains that got displaced to the CR7. The only EMB Captains that could hold CRJ Captain went to DFW CR2.

Who knows why they're doing this, but I'm sure we'll be the last to find out. Fortunately, all the ATL CR7 Captains can hold either AT7 or CR2 Captain in ATL. Unfortunately, it could mean that some of the junior AT7 or CR2 Captains in ATL could be bumped out. We'll just have to wait and see. You've gotta love the VISION!

What is the best way to commute to DFW?

Latest resources

Back