• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Courtesy in the skies is gone, frequent fliers say

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can't wait to ask Liz how she got quoted in the story next time we fly together. Had it been me, I would have said "It is apparent to me that airport metal detectors shave 50 points off a passenger's IQ."

Air Travel is a remarkably efficient and safe means of transportation the likes of which have never been equaled. 99.9 percent get to were they want to go on time with no problems. The complainers are self observed jerks that think the world revolves around them and get upset when they don't get their way. It's a couple hours on a metal tube that is taking you to were you want to go at 500 MPH very safely and at a bargain price for what you are getting. Sit down, shut up and choose from the unprecedented numbers of ways we have to entertain ourselves and appreciate what you have.

Air Travel is a remarkably efficient and safe means of transportation the likes of which have never been equaled. 99.9 percent get to were they want to go on time with no problems. The complainers are self observed jerks that think the world revolves around them and get upset when they don't get their way. It's a couple hours on a metal tube that is taking you to were you want to go at 500 MPH very safely and at a bargain price for what you are getting. Sit down, shut up and choose from the unprecedented numbers of ways we have to entertain ourselves and appreciate what you have.

Louis CK-"Everything's amazing and nobody is happy."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

Ahh yes if I can count how many times I heard the "Do you know who I am?" comment from the frequent business traveler... I always responded with "a regular passenger just like the rest of us"

Funny. I have a cousin who works in the hotel industry and she tells me the rudest customers they encounter are the airline pilots.

Funny. I have a cousin who works in the hotel industry and she tells me the rudest customers they encounter are the airline pilots.

That's pretty true I think. we're the best and worst deals. It's guaranteed money for the hotel- but we need rides, get grumpy if theyre 10 minutes late, and we spend 1/3 of our lives in hotels. We know good vs average vs bad service, so in a lot of ways we're the most discerning customers- but yet our companies have negotiated the hotels down to the dime. And it's not like pilots can ever be cheap!

Hmmm, there are rude people in every walk of life. HOWEVER, I'm not defending pilots but perhaps hotel employees can see it from a different point of view.

Many times airline crews are tired when checking in. Also, I have been victim of being told breakfast/brunch is free and then be presented with a bill upon checkout. I've also been told there is NO construction going on in the area where are rooms are, only to have to trudge down to the front desk because there IS in fact, construction noise near the rooms. How about getting a room key, walking a far distance to your room while exhausted only to have the room key NOT work OR open the door and find someone already occupying it. Another favorite is the hotel van being ridiculously late and again, a tired crew is left waiting an unacceptable amount of time when all they want to do is sleep. How about housekeeping knocking on your door when the DO NOT DISTURB sign is on the doorknob. I could go on and on, I guess...but you get the picture.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back