• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Courtesy in the skies is gone, frequent fliers say

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IAll the subsidized corporate jets in Aspen are there for legitimate, productive, business purposes, eh?

You do realize that 99% of those biz jet in ASE aren't depreciating their jet or deducting the cost of the trip, don't you? Please tell me you actually know this and aren't simply relaying the liberal dems feel good talking points. We want to hear your expertise. Please.

You do realize that 99% of those biz jet in ASE aren't depreciating their jet or deducting the cost of the trip, don't you? Please tell me you actually know this and aren't simply relaying the liberal dems feel good talking points. We want to hear your expertise. Please.

Just curious, were do you get the 99% figure?

Just curious, were do you get the 99% figure?

A number of friends who structure corporate llcs for flight departments and individual aircraft owners. They all tell me that not a single client deducts any trip that could even be possibly considered as personal in nature. In fact, all I have heard from them is that most aircraft operators won't even touch any sort of asset depreciation as they know they will be crucified unless it's absolutely obvious that the usage is 100% business related. No one wants to be the guinea pig and lose the aircraft. They also say tight records are kept with pax, locations, businesses visited, etc.
From what they tell me, they could do away with aircraft depreciation or extend depreciation schedules and flying wouldn't fall off much. Any "losses" from lack of write offs would simply be passed along to consumers. Revenues generated by the government would be negligible.

Yeah, they are given tax breaks and DON'T take them... Then they make a big stink about losing the tax breaks that they don't bother to take in the first place.................

Latest resources

Back