• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental to Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The single recallable CALALPA member that wanted 65 to pass DID get recalled...and it WAS with a vengeance!! Former MEC chair TD: GONE!! We're all much better off with him out of office. Too bad we couldn't throw him out of the union.

The next to go might have to be Prater. He got closer to being thrown out than you might think at the last EB meeting.

Incorrect I'm very sorry to say. Almost every person in CAL ALPA voted to send the Snake-less to the smoke and mirror meeting with chunky, with the message "Hey Tommy, we know you'll do the RIGHT thing, we give you NO direction, even though the majority of pilots say NO CHANGE. All voted to send him with a yes vote. Pathetic. If I am on the chopping block, I will do everything I can do remove those short sided, self serving idiots out before I go.

Furloughs are no laughing matter. A lot of kids could go hungry and a lot of lives will be very hard. I'm glad that it's such a joke to you.

At least it's probably very easy to get a better paying job than a CAL pilot. Plus you can probably get health benefits too.

Starbucks offers health benefits to people without a college degree, much less an ATP. What is wrong with this picture?

I bet you're really glad that you turned down the CAL job offer now.

Please elaborate...

Can't too much. His recall resolution is on standby.

His Crewpass effort should be taking a backseat to helping the broader membership. Additionally, the EB is NOT happy about USAir. Basically: he was told to get his head out of his butt and do better for the ENTIRE union. He will, or he WILL GO!

Incorrect I'm very sorry to say. Almost every person in CAL ALPA voted to send the Snake-less to the smoke and mirror meeting with chunky, with the message "Hey Tommy, we know you'll do the RIGHT thing, we give you NO direction, even though the majority of pilots say NO CHANGE. All voted to send him with a yes vote. Pathetic. If I am on the chopping block, I will do everything I can do remove those short sided, self serving idiots out before I go.

The MEC gave TD this direction: DO what is best for ALL CAL pilots. Clearly, they meant the majority with a small amount of discretion in case there really was something there [it had to change]. When he came back he was asked to explain his vote. Here is what he said (paraphrased slightly): "I'm a military leader, I've had to decide who lived and who died, this was the same thing". Of course, that was not an adequate answer. This isn't the military; we give him orders! He fought his recall and lost...he's gone...we're all better off for it. (you want a guy who reasons like that making decisions on cabotage or foriegn control?? F-no!!)

The CAL MEC hates age 65. There is going to be a decent early out deal put on the table and the old guys need to take it. Many will. Those who don't need to be treated as scabs with renewed prejudice.

Funny thing is that most who will fight the rest and stay are already Scabs.....Had a layover in EWR the other night with 3 of them(all over 60 guys based in IAH on the 757/767). they were all talking about staying until maybe 62 but I think they will be here until they are forced to leave. They could care less about the junior guys I assure you. BTW, there were 2 guys in the discussion who are within 500 from the bottom.

The CAL MEC hates age 65. There is going to be a decent early out deal put on the table and the old guys need to take it. Many will. Those who don't need to be treated as scabs with renewed prejudice.[/quote]

I sure hope you're right.

At least you have a job with AA.

Well, you WILL have a job...someday.

Maybe... ;) TC

What's up TC?

Things look to get rough over there. I hope you'lle be okay.

Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back