• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental to Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cripes, we're so over staffed that scheduling is JUNIOR MANNING in ewr today. We had better start furloughing quick!

I am not a rocket scientist but didn't CAL announce their capacity cutbacks for September 2008 and beyond. How does June 2008 staffing have anything to do with how many pilots will be required to fly CAL's airplanes after September 2008?

If you are so savvy on staffing levels, maybe you should help out your crew planning department, I am sure they are working some overtime right now trying to figure out the fall staffing model.

I am not a rocket scientist but didn't CAL announce their capacity cutbacks for September 2008 and beyond. How does June 2008 staffing have anything to do with how many pilots will be required to fly CAL's airplanes after September 2008?

If you are so savvy on staffing levels, maybe you should help out your crew planning department, I am sure they are working some overtime right now trying to figure out the fall staffing model.

He's saying if CAL is so understaffed right now, come Sept they have an opportunity to be properly staffed.

If they layoff in the fall, they have a potential to be right back to where they are now.

From what I read, it seems that CAL always works on a shoe-string staffing model.

Well guys back to hustling blowjobs at the street corner........

I think I will look good in a red wig.

Furloughs are no laughing matter. A lot of kids could go hungry and a lot of lives will be very hard. I'm glad that it's such a joke to you.

At least it's probably very easy to get a better paying job than a CAL pilot. Plus you can probably get health benefits too.

Starbucks offers health benefits to people without a college degree, much less an ATP. What is wrong with this picture?

Furloughs are no laughing matter. A lot of kids could go hungry and a lot of lives will be very hard. I'm glad that it's such a joke to you.

At least it's probably very easy to get a better paying job than a CAL pilot. Plus you can probably get health benefits too.

Starbucks offers health benefits to people without a college degree, much less an ATP. What is wrong with this picture?

All you can do is laugh (and vote no).

You are right. I can get a job paying better than CAL (reference my previous post).

I fully agree with the starbucks thing. I know they didnt have to wait 6 months for their health benefits!

Now when are you getting downgraded?

Latest resources

Back