• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental to Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well guys back to hustling blowjobs at the street corner........

I think I will look good in a red wig.

I don't know, with all of the nonsense the the union is NOT putting out, they better be close to offsetting all of the furloughs. I wouldn't bet the farm yet. If, on the other hand, it still comes down to 500 or so, please get your voices known and recall everyone that voted in the 65 crap. That would be everyone on the current MEC. They essentially traded your job for the worst piece of sh!t's on the planet. They should AT THE LEAST be thrown out with a vengeance. But if they do offset all if not most furloughs, it might not be that bad. Maybe a 6 month vacation for some with their family, and a quick return (hopefully) If they even wanted to return, I bet some wouldn't.

Cripes, we're so over staffed that scheduling is JUNIOR MANNING in ewr today. We had better start furloughing quick!

Yeah I got the call at 23:53 two nights ago! This was after flying for the last five. My wife said the exact same thing.

Scheduling left me a message saying they were junior manning me for the 15th and to please call them back as soon as I get the message. I better call soon!

If, on the other hand, it still comes down to 500 or so, please get your voices known and recall everyone that voted in the 65 crap. That would be everyone on the current MEC. They essentially traded your job for the worst piece of sh!t's on the planet. They should AT THE LEAST be thrown out with a vengeance.

The single recallable CALALPA member that wanted 65 to pass DID get recalled...and it WAS with a vengeance!! Former MEC chair TD: GONE!! We're all much better off with him out of office. Too bad we couldn't throw him out of the union.

The next to go might have to be Prater. He got closer to being thrown out than you might think at the last EB meeting.

What is up with all this Hoopla?

There is a lot of "D0uche-baggery" going on right now with rumors upon rumors and quite frankly I'm sick of it.

You people who perpetrate this propaganda about furloughs are helping management with their negotiations on CALs contract.

Believe it or not, but if CAL gets another $hitty contract, it only hurts every single other airline pilot out there. If CAL doesn't raise the bar, it will be that much harder when it's airline XXs turn to negotiate. So don't do managements job for them and be optimistic about things or try and come up with alternative solutions to offer up to any furloughs.

I know CAL is no SWA, but from what I understand, in ~30 years of operations, not one pilot has ever been furloughed from SWA (correct me if I'm wrong). This is the kind of propaganda that needs to be sent out. Other information that would be good to emphasize is how many BS awards CAL has won in the past 3 years. If CAL is such a great place to work(hence the awards), then why is the company not doing everything in their power to save employees jobs?

So, bottom line, until we see CAL guys/gals with letters in the mail (which doesn't mean $hit by itself) and have been called on the phone that they shouldn't come to work on Sept 5, please STFU and help out your fellow pilots and airline employees.

Have a nice day :)

Oh and BTW, I flew with two separate Houston Captains on my trip this week because there weren't enough Captains in EWR to cover reserve. I asked the two captains I flew with if this is "std" summer ops and both said they have never flown mixed base pilot crews in about 10 years at CAL.

I'm sure it happens, maybe even a lot to reserve guys, but it's definitely a sign that manning blows.

Guys, SHUT THE ******************** UP!!! None of what your saying is based on FACT, not a word of it! We are in contract negotiations for christs sake! Nothing but rumors and fear are being thrown around. Stop ********************ing spreading it! wait and see what happens and for the love of god stop posting what you heard from someone in a "high up position". None of what you have heard is based on fact!!!! STOP IT!!!! If this is how the rest of our time during contract talks is going to go, then we might as well say yes ******************** us in the ass with POS '08!!!!

My god. . . . ********************ing idiots!

Well said.

What is up with all this Hoopla?

There is a lot of "D0uche-baggery" going on right now with rumors upon rumors and quite frankly I'm sick of it.

You people who perpetrate this propaganda about furloughs are helping management with their negotiations on CALs contract.

Believe it or not, but if CAL gets another $hitty contract, it only hurts every single other airline pilot out there. If CAL doesn't raise the bar, it will be that much harder when it's airline XXs turn to negotiate. So don't do managements job for them and be optimistic about things or try and come up with alternative solutions to offer up to any furloughs.

I know CAL is no SWA, but from what I understand, in ~30 years of operations, not one pilot has ever been furloughed from SWA (correct me if I'm wrong). This is the kind of propaganda that needs to be sent out. Other information that would be good to emphasize is how many BS awards CAL has won in the past 3 years. If CAL is such a great place to work(hence the awards), then why is the company not doing everything in their power to save employees jobs?

So, bottom line, until we see CAL guys/gals with letters in the mail (which doesn't mean $hit by itself) and have been called on the phone that they shouldn't come to work on Sept 5, please STFU and help out your fellow pilots and airline employees.

Have a nice day :)

well said and ditto. speculation helps no one but the enemy.

Latest resources

Back