• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental to Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well guys back to hustling blowjobs at the street corner........

I think I will look good in a red wig.
So...you got that class date at Mesa! Don't forget your red floppy shoes and big red nose though.
PBR

You still don't get it. In case you have been under a rock the last 7 years it's a new world out there. "They" would have been happy to retire if they could have done so with dignity and a bit of security. Due to realities beyond their,my and your control many of them are forced to stay for financial reasons. They planned for what was then the norm but that was taken away, not their fault. Suck it up like the rest of us and press on.

Well that being said, What "we" all planned for was then the norm also, but it was taken away by our own "brothers." Changing the law is their fault and their actions will force us all to pay. Retiring with dignity in this industry shouldn't even be a factor, because guess what,? you won't. It will never be the same, all of the dignity has been given away over the past decade.

Suck it up? I think "we" are all getting used to it, but it doesn't mean that we can't voice our disgust. I think the problem with this entire industry is the "just suck it up and take it" mentality. (A lot of dignity represented in that belief.)

And what makes you think "we" have no "financial reasons?" We aren't getting any younger, and it isn't easy to put anything away for savings while on furlough. To top it off the greedy bastards who missed the cutoff date want to come back. Should we just suck it up and let them come back for financial reasons?

Well that being said, What "we" all planned for was then the norm also, but it was taken away by our own "brothers." Changing the law is their fault and their actions will force us all to pay. Retiring with dignity in this industry shouldn't even be a factor, because guess what,? you won't. It will never be the same, all of the dignity has been given away over the past decade.

Suck it up? I think "we" are all getting used to it, but it doesn't mean that we can't voice our disgust. I think the problem with this entire industry is the "just suck it up and take it" mentality. (A lot of dignity represented in that belief.)

Your disgust at what?? get real. Do you really think there was a chance of the retirement staying at 60. The FAA was faced with the obvious conflict of saying no over 60 here in USA but it's OK for the foriegn carriers to fly over with their over 60 pilots. There is globilization going on. ICAO is becoming more of the norm. Did you get your english proficiency certificate, an ICAO standard.

Before you assume I am over 60 I am not I am 46 and have had my career stagnate along with everyone else. I have also had the privilage of flying for and with EAL pilots many of whom came over to UAL with me. The older ones needed 65 to survive. (no they are not all on their 2nd or 3rd wives) This goverment felt it was OK to allow airlines to strip their pensions.( while they keep theirs, but that's a different subject) There was no choice but to raise the age and it was the right thing to do.

... The best time to be furloughed at CAL is in the first year anyway. That is exactly what I wanted my first year, it cost me more to go to work then...
If a newhire gets furloughed after 6 months and then gets called back 6 months later will he/she come back to 1st or 2nd year pay?

Chunky and his sidekick Lynch (who looks like he's at least 350lbs now), will not get the boot deserved, because of your WEAK friends again.

Alright, Prater is a POS. Nobody can dispute that. But don't throw Lynch under the bus. The Executive Council meeting that resulted in a change to the Age 60 policy was extremely contentious. Chris stood his ground for a long time and didn't go down without a fight. Did he eventually cave and vote yes? Yes, he did. Only NWA's Ray Miller had the balls in the end to stand up for what was right, but Chris did fight in that meeting against Prater's Age 65 wet dream.

Alright, Prater is a POS. Nobody can dispute that. But don't throw Lynch under the bus. The Executive Council meeting that resulted in a change to the Age 60 policy was extremely contentious. Chris stood his ground for a long time and didn't go down without a fight. Did he eventually cave and vote yes? Yes, he did. Only NWA's Ray Miller had the balls in the end to stand up for what was right, but Chris did fight in that meeting against Prater's Age 65 wet dream.

The XJT MEC also voted against age 65. BTW, RECALL LYNCH!!! Its coming. Hide and watch.

Latest resources

Back