• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental to Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The XJT MEC also voted against age 65. BTW, RECALL LYNCH!!! Its coming. Hide and watch.

The XJT MEC doesn't have a spot on the Executive Council. You're referring to the Executive Board, and Chris Lynch isn't a member of that body. NWA's Ray Miller was the only member of the EC to vote against Prater's age 65 abomination.

If a newhire gets furloughed after 6 months and then gets called back 6 months later will he/she come back to 1st or 2nd year pay?

There was no longevity accrual for pay on the last furlough at CAL (nor for the flowbacks, for that matter). There was at DAL and most others from what I understand, but since it is a contractual issue, and CAL has the weakest contract, it isn't there. The union indicated they might get it into the last contract to get it back, but it never materialized and the new admin considers it old news. I think the only accrual for pay was with the COLA option.

Alright, Prater is a POS. Nobody can dispute that. But don't throw Lynch under the bus. The Executive Council meeting that resulted in a change to the Age 60 policy was extremely contentious. Chris stood his ground for a long time and didn't go down without a fight. Did he eventually cave and vote yes? Yes, he did. Only NWA's Ray Miller had the balls in the end to stand up for what was right, but Chris did fight in that meeting against Prater's Age 65 wet dream.

Although I am not a fan of ALPA as you know, in this case there is nothing they could have done. Even if they all stood their ground the law would have changed. My age group will be 67 before social security is available. (If it is there at all!!) Throwing pilots out at 60 no longer made sense. We are living longer and are healthier longer.

Oh no..

Hi again eagles,

on the contrary, we need to get fired up about it! Inactivity was exactly what allowed this abomination to come to life.

Age 65 is wrong!!

Sincerely,

dane

Ya, my friend's dad's golfing buddy said he talked to Kelner's gay lover's bowling partner who's wife mentioned to her dog 'fido' that for sure....there was going to be a furlough. I also heard this rumor from a very very very high up individual in the ramper's room in EWR. TOP SECRET.....morons...

If you were a betting man, how would YOU place your bet? Read the news, check the gas prices, look at advanced bookings, capacity cuts, and the inflation that is happening, but for timing reasons, has not been reported yet. This is not Rocket Science!

The other consideration is that since this is an election year, no one will really know how bad it is until early next year. History is simply repeating itself from previous times of significant and sustained changes in energy costs! It's the one commdity that affects the cost of EVERYTHING!

Look back on the industry history in the late 70's and early 80's. To a low seniority pilot, it will be Shock and Awe! This time will probably be worse and affect more pilots than ever before. Be situationally aware, and to the best of your ability--be prepared! The Tsunami is coming!

Although I am not a fan of ALPA as you know, in this case there is nothing they could have done. Even if they all stood their ground the law would have changed. My age group will be 67 before social security is available. (If it is there at all!!) Throwing pilots out at 60 no longer made sense. We are living longer and are healthier longer.

Hang it up, geezer.

Latest resources

Back