Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental pilots/post merger.....ALPA pins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bathurst did not give away our pension. *****It was SEIZED by the PBGC on December 31, 2004. *****I already have a good idea as to why some bankrupt and nearly bankrupt airlines got to keep their pensions and we did not. *****It's alot easier to simply affix blame to one person, but the loss of UA's pension goes beyond far beyond a simple, "It's his fault!" *****If you have some new information that already hasn't been hashed over 10 times over I'm all ears. *****Whiteford did not give away our scope. *****He did, however, sign a damaging letter that allowed the E170 to be flown. *****The UAL pilots gave away their own scope before either he or Bathurst were even in power. *****You likely know very little about our current MC other than what you have heard through flightinfo.com or a "friend of a friend." *****Most of the negative stuff said about her is said/written by people who are mad because "their guy" didn't win. *****They are also very vocal. *****I think the lawsuit came about from a few reasons, mainly a combination of a very bull-headed MC taking a very aggressive stance with a very anti-labor CEO. *****The RLA, of course, is no help either and is tilted toward management in my opinion.***************

Allright, so you're one of the concessionists. FYI: at CAL, our worst Stockholm Syndrom suffering 83 hire wouldn't be capable of characterizing your situation like you just did.

Let's wrap this up. Write this down and read it to yourself while you look into a mirror: I don't have a pension. I don't have a scope clause. I work under an injunction. 1400+ of my fellow pilots are furloughed.... And I'm worried about ALPA pins....

I don't want to escalate this with you. I'm going to work and I don't read this while I fly. Just realize that most CAL pilots are tired of watching UAL pilots get hammered even if they aren't wearing an ALPA pin.

The new legislation that was just signed by President Obama yesterday, after ALPA worked hard to push it through Congress, requires new flight time/duty time rules to be implemented within 12 months.

That is incredibly good news.

I haven't been on this forum in a long time. Rez you are still a moron.

Allright, so you're one of the concessionists. FYI: at CAL, our worst Stockholm Syndrom suffering 83 hire wouldn't be capable of characterizing your situation like you just did.

Let's wrap this up. Write this down and read it to yourself while you look into a mirror: I don't have a pension. I don't have a scope clause. I work under an injunction. 1400+ of my fellow pilots are furloughed.... And I'm worried about ALPA pins....

I don't want to escalate this with you. I'm going to work and I don't read this while I fly. Just realize that most CAL pilots are tired of watching UAL pilots get hammered even if they aren't wearing an ALPA pin.

I'm not surprised you don't want to "escalate" the debate because you play so fast and loose with the facts that I doubt you could argue a point. I point out the areas where you are just plain wrong and you come back with, "Oh yeah, well....you're a concessionist!" Give me a break. If I'm not mistaken, you went from a full pension to a frozen pension- concessionist! If I'm not mistaken, you took a significant pay cut to avoid bankruptcy. Why didn't you show us all how an internet tough guy takes it to the judge? Concessionist! What, you guys furloughed pilots? Concessionist! What, your airline flies 50 seat jets with guys on furlough? Concessionist!

See how idiotic that sounds when I turn around and use the same logic you use? That's why flightinfo sucks so badly for information dissemination. Guys like you distort the truth and then when explanations are given to fill in the grey areas the name calling starts.

In closing, don't wear your pin. If you want to debate facts about what happened to UAL in bankruptcy, why we lost our pension and you didn't, and other assorted topics that you brought up and obviously don't fully understand, great- start a new thread. But get better sources about what happened at UAL because the ones you have now really suck.

Last edited:
As a line pilot for CAL, I agree and welcome any "influence" UAL guys can give to those pilots who have not chosen to support their fellow pilots by wearing their pin.

I carry extra pins with me at all times. There is never a jumpseater or fellow crew member that does not leave without a pin.

Of course, a clicker or two can be a good thing!

I don't like wearing any pins on my tie...looks ugly. Besides, sorry to let you know that you are wasting your time, the pin does not accomplish anything.

You guys should worry more about things that matter.

yeah i am new to the industry with only 7 years as a ALPA member and I have a couple of gripes with the mentality being posted here (note that I hope to one day work for United as its been my goal since I was a flight instructor). I wear one pin, my US of A old glory flag! I do not wear my ALPA lanyard anymore since I got sick of it smacking me in the face because its elastic (not to mention it does not have a safety release). I have been looking for a great MN twins lanyard but have not found one. As for good union memeber, when Mesaba was on the verge of a strike in 04' I was told by our MEC Chairman that because I was in training and on probation that I would have to report to work at the traininig center, not too long after that statement I had a "good union member" who was being assigned watch duties at the training center that said he would slash my tires if "anyone" came to train while he was watching. He was wearing a pin and a lanyard. He was an idiot. Please do not think I am not supportive of our good union just because i do not wear a pin of your liking. I do not look down on you and treat you poorly because you do not wear a flag or served your country like I did. My three cents

I would have told that union a**hole that if anyone got near my tires I would shoot their a$z

I don't like wearing any pins on my tie...looks ugly. Besides, sorry to let you know that you are wasting your time, the pin does not accomplish anything.

You guys should worry more about things that matter.
Just wear the pin already!

I dont see what the big deal is by wearing the ALPA pin? It shows we are all in this together, and it QUICKLY identifies who the SCABS are....works like a charm at UAL, it is nice to know who the players are.

Either way a lot of us have SCAB books....we KNOW WHO YOU ARE! YOU CAN'T RUN AND HIDE!

Latest resources

Back