Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental pilots/post merger.....ALPA pins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, so now if you choose not to wear an ALPA pin on your tie you are equated to a SCAB. Really???...what a bunch of morons! That's like saying you're anti-American if you don't wear a flag lapel on your jacket.

"guys who don't wear their pins in ops and such usually get a bit of a cold shoulder"...Seriously?...go back to high school!

I see alot of guys who wear different ties tacks, some ALPA, some Military wings, some guys a college logo, some people a cross, one guy even had a breast cancer thing in memory of his deceased wife...Like some of you posted here, just because a guy wears an ALPA pin doesn't make him a good pilot or even good union member.

I've seen ALPA members at a union meeting call for our junior pilots to be furloughed rather than taking a pay cut during the recession...but...if I recall correctly he was wearing an ALPA pin so that must have made his a good union brother.

Seriously, you guys need to get a life and stop worry about what tie tacks guys are wearing...and I gotta find something better to do on layovers than read this drivel.

El Pobre; said:
OK, so now if you choose not to wear an ALPA pin on your tie you are equated to a SCAB. Really???...what a bunch of morons! That's like saying you're anti-American if you don't wear a flag lapel on your jacket.

"guys who don't wear their pins in ops and such usually get a bit of a cold shoulder"...Seriously?...go back to high school!

I see alot of guys who wear different ties tacks, some ALPA, some Military wings, some guys a college logo, some people a cross, one guy even had a breast cancer thing in memory of his deceased wife...Like some of you posted here, just because a guy wears an ALPA pin doesn't make him a good pilot or even good union member.

I've seen ALPA members at a union meeting call for our junior pilots to be furloughed rather than taking a pay cut during the recession...but...if I recall correctly he was wearing an ALPA pin so that must have made his a good union brother.

Seriously, you guys need to get a life and stop worry about what tie tacks guys are wearing...and I gotta find something better to do on layovers than read this drivel.

Ummmm....you're way over reacting....if you don't want to wear your ALPA pin, don't wear a pin. At UAL, the vast majority of guys who don't wear their pins are scabs. They are not "equated" as scabs......they likely are scabs. If you want guys to think that you are likely a scab, hey whatever. Those guys are scum and betrayed the profession at both your airline and mine and frankly I don't like being around them unless it is required in a professional capacity. If you're not wearing a pin, excuse me if I don't want to hang out and chit chat or have a beer. It's not high-schoolish. I just don't like to be around people I hold in low regard.

So whenever airline management threatens layoffs, the pilot group should take pay cuts or they're not unionists? That's a slippery slope. If I were a CEO, I'd just threaten layoffs every other quarter and I'd have my pilots working for free!

It will be interesting b/c the mother ship(ALPA National) "forgave" the scabs so that they would vote ALPA on property. We also have some scabs who have since become the good "unionist" by becoming UDOs and other volunteer positions as well as holding the line on some things that are allowed by the CBA, but are detrimental to our group and the furloughs, while non-scabs pick up FO open time for 150% pay the month before the furloughs.

Something about the ALPA pres eating cake with CAL scabs?

My understanding is ALPA was required by law to accept the CAL scabs into ALPA because the IACP had accepted them in good standing. The real issue is why did the CAL in house union accept scabs?

What sort of reference is there to forgiving scabs to get ALPA back on the property? Or was it just ALPA following the law?

"members with unfortunate dates of hire".....guess I should have crossed....

Here's a news flash for you. It is ok to wear more than one pin. Some folks wear a pin on there jacket, overcoat whatever but at UAl we have a culture were a vast majority of the pilots wear a pin. as UALdriver said you don't have to wear one but you will not be warmly recieved on our side as we will assume there is a high probability you are a scab and we just don't find it necasary to associate with you.

Here's a news flash for you. It is ok to wear more than one pin. Some folks wear a pin on there jacket, overcoat whatever but at UAl we have a culture were a vast majority of the pilots wear a pin. as UALdriver said you don't have to wear one but you will not be warmly recieved on our side as we will assume there is a high probability you are a scab and we just don't find it necasary to associate with you.

That's quite a blanket statement that I will assume is directed to the people that look to be in their 60's and late 50's.

That's quite a blanket statement that I will assume is directed to the people that look to be in their 60's and late 50's.

Or kids of scabs. Plenty of those hired in '05/'06 most with 0 tpic, imagine that?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back