Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Continental pilots/post merger.....ALPA pins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is exactly why I never wanted to work for UAL. You guys have a miserable work environment. Your work rules, ethics, and condescending attitudes are exactly what many of us (who have grown up) despise.

Do us a favor: keep doing what you're doing, and we will just laugh at you behind your back (I will laugh right in your face, chump).

The silliness of a tie pin and incessant fear mongering on pro-union vs. anti-union is icing on the cake for me - what a bunch of immature a$$wipes.

Wear the pin and show support of the group, the effort and the drive to restore this jacked up profession. Enough said!

Wear the pin and show support of the group, the effort and the drive to restore this jacked up profession. Enough said!

Read above!

Well said....

It's a mixed group here. I've flown with guys who don't wear the pin; some are scabs, some are not. You have to understand, there are more than a handful of guys with scab mentality who are not technically scabs. I've also flown with scabs who claim to be the most unionistic(is that a word?) people at the company and have ALPA pins/stickers anywhere they can put it. Overall, this is one area that will improve with the merger; more real unionists, less company saviors.

Careful,friend . I thought the same exact thing when we (I'm ex-AWA) purchased USAirways..and here we are. :(

PHXFLYR:cool:

Here's an interesting thought. There's still a few of the "OLD" Frontier Pilots at Continental. I wonder how they'll recieve their pin wearing UAL brethren. I'm guessing there will be little love lost.

This is exactly why I never wanted to work for UAL. You guys have a miserable work environment. Your work rules, ethics, and condescending attitudes are exactly what many of us (who have grown up) despise.

Do us a favor: keep doing what you're doing, and we will just laugh at you behind your back (I will laugh right in your face, chump).

The silliness of a tie pin and incessant fear mongering on pro-union vs. anti-union is icing on the cake for me - what a bunch of immature a$$wipes.

We are glad your not here. Looks like it worked out for all involved.

How about wearing the pin upside down? I support my fellow pilots but I am in protest against ALPA for a laundry list of infractions.

Question/statement for the Continental pilots. Over here on the UAL side of the operation, almost all of us (except out scabs and other non-members) wear our ALPA pin on our tie. In fact, if one sees a United pilot not wearing an ALPA pin on their tie, it's very likely he is a scab or non-member. Do you guys do the same?
Yes....

GMAFB. Sometimes I wear my military jet on my tie as opposed to my ALPA pin. Am I a scab? I didn't even know what a scab was until I got hired @ CAL (since I was instead deploying left and right flying fighters in the AD AF). You've got to get over this pin bullsh*t. Any scab can wear 10 ALPA pins but he's still a scab (and some do today). This relationship between a pin and being a scab is completely illogical. :rolleyes:

GMAFB. Sometimes I wear my military jet on my tie as opposed to my ALPA pin. Am I a scab? I didn't even know what a scab was until I got hired @ CAL (since I was instead deploying left and right flying fighters in the AD AF). You've got to get over this pin bullsh*t. Any scab can wear 10 ALPA pins but he's still a scab (and some do today). This relationship between a pin and being a scab is completely illogical. :rolleyes:

Is your tie so small that you cannot fit two pins. How about sticking the ALPA pin on your id badge. Or just walk around looking like the ones that crossed our picket line. I and most of my fellow UAL pilots are fullt aware that on the CO side there are ALPA pin wearing picket line crossers. We, and anyone else who care know who they are.

Latest resources

Back