• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Complete Incompetence!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You all had a stellar opportunity to demonstrate to this industry how you were not FOLLOWERS but LEADERS and... due to nothing other than utter incompetence... you chose as a company to punt. We're not talking a single flight here... we're talking a half dozen or more that were held captive in a nasty, filthy, hot, humid, no electricity, no ventilation, no food, no human waste removal situation for up to 11 hours and your IDIOT CAPTAINS did nothing to assert themselves! I assert your aircrew are more concerned with their jobs than passenger SAFETY! If your captains knew they had a strong union to support their decisions (vs the no union scared position that currently exists) then these horrific, captive stories would never had occurred!

BBB

Please your like a broken record.. Enjoy your pedestal of immunity from operational error. Your continuous rant has discredited your argument and exposed your true motives. Maybe if we vote in ALPA we will enjoy that same immunity that you do !!

There are a few inventions that you may not be aware of. One of them is an APU and the other are aircraft bathrooms both of which are installed on all of our aircraft

BBB, once again you are spouting utter BS, why don't you tell us why this happened in DTW (ALPA) or AUS (APA) or JFK with DAL (ALPA)?

After all, union represented pilots, according to you, would have prevented such incidences!

Once again, I eagerly await you response!

Dizel... you can attempt to justify incompetent leadership however you like. I'm unaware of the specifics of the other situations you site, but rest assured, if the result is similar then this industry is plagued by incompetent captains. The fact that you dismiss holding passengers hostage for up to 11 hours on a dead airplane with no food, electricity, ventilation, or human waste removal as "industry standard" is abhorrent. You have COMPLETELY lost touch with humanity if you think this is acceptable.

Because you have demonstrated such horrific leadership and complete abdication of captain authority, you will soon find congress legislating humane treatment of passengers in similar situations and congress will severely curb your authority in the future because you have demonstrated such poor leadership in the past.

BBB

If I had been on board with my kids, I would have given them 15 minutes warning, then blown a slide.....

No one can reasonably defend the crew who held passengers for 11 hours. They were probably excited about how much money they were going to pull down for that kind of time on the clock.

I can't imagine someone waiting 11 hours without blowing the slide. What lunacy.

I normally don't monday morning quarterback. But PLEASE......Who can say 11 hours is doable with a straight face?

There are a few inventions that you may not be aware of. One of them is an APU and the other are aircraft bathrooms both of which are installed on all of our aircraft

Uh... then why was the aircraft reported to be without power and air ventilation? The still pictures shown on the news clearly show no electrical power and the hatches opened for ventilation. Keep firing away my rocket scientist friend. Fact is JetBlue captains screwed up royally in a half dozen or more instances in a single day. What kind of IDIOTS does JetBlue hire?

BBB

I can't wait till the JB pilots on here start spilling the real scoop.

No APU's???

Opening ENTRY DOORS for ventilation?????

You gotta be kidding????

BBB, I just want to know one thing. Were the aircraft in question on the ramp for hours without power, ventilation, fresh air, adaquate human waste disposal, food or water?

Lol. Dude. Lighten up. Deep breath. We all agree. Heck, even the Blue Dudes agree it should have been handled better.

Gup

Dizel... you can attempt to justify incompetent leadership however you like. I'm unaware of the specifics of the other situations you site, but rest assured, if the result is similar then this industry is plagued by incompetent captains. The fact that you dismiss holding passengers hostage for up to 11 hours on a dead airplane with no food, electricity, ventilation, or human waste removal as "industry standard" is abhorrent. You have COMPLETELY lost touch with humanity if you think this is acceptable.
BBB

Well, if you are not familiar with the listed incidences, then you are spouting about issues your are clearly not knowledgeable enough to discuss, nor does you continual union rant hold any water. (Not that I am against unions, just your silly rhetoric) You may well think, based upon your impeccable skillset, that this industry is replete with incompetent captains, that is your judgement, so be it, but I am sure there are many that would argue that point with you.

As for the "dead" airplane issue, I have yet to hear anything about that, that is other than from unreliable news account. APU's are installed om most modern jets, so I am sure you have heard about them, if not, they supply electricity and conditioned air on the ground. Would have been certain they had those at UPS, but what do I know.

Not once did I dismiss the argument, that it was unacceptable to hold people on airplanes that long. I found it to be a sad lack of customer service. What I did take offense at, was the potshot at the jetblue pilots and your silly union rhetoric. Union or not, if there is no way to get the people of the airplane, then there is no way to alleviate the situation. I have little doubt that those in the pointy end wanted to get off the a/c just as bad and that they were pleading with ops for just that.

Maybe take a lesson from Bill O, blame management for the foul up, not some hapless pilot who just got caught in the shat!

BBB, I just want to know one thing. Were the aircraft in question on the ramp for hours without power, ventilation, fresh air, adaquate human waste disposal, food or water?

Lol. Dude. Lighten up. Deep breath. We all agree. Heck, even the Blue Dudes agree it should have been handled better.

Gup

Gup... I laugh at your typical platitudes of "things should have been handled better". Is this the first time you have heard of a snow storm or gates filled? Haven't you been flying for decades? Wouldn't prudent management have a plan in place for such a predictable (snow) occurrence? Are you suggesting that every time it snows passengers can anticipate the airline reacting as if this is a totally unforeseen and impossible to handle event?

BBB

Latest resources

Back