Complete Incompetence!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Big Beer Belly

How could any rational thinking aircrew strand passengers on an airplane without air, power, functioning lavs, or food for up to 11 hours?

For the love of baby jesus I can only imagine it is because JetBlue has no union and the incompetent captain and even more frightened FO fears for their jobs should they start an APU or leave an engine running (like normal pilots would!). After an hour, any NORMAL pilot would have DEMANDED that the EMPTY airplane at the gate be towed clear and we be towed/taxi in. Apparently Jetblue has cornered the market on absolute freakin' MORONS (captains) that sit in a holding pen for up to 11 HOURS with no electricity, no air, no food, no functioning lavatories and no freakin' brains! As a passenger I would have called 911 and called a halt to the INSANITY many hours before!

You IDIOTS at JetBlue deserve congressional intervention in the form of a passenger bill of rights because you are TOO STUPID to regulate yourselves! Have I mentioned that because of your STUPIDITY congress will finally force some guidance upon you!

Honest to God... stranding families in the back of your aluminum tube with no electricity, no flow of air, no heat, no meaningful food, no functioning lavatories and no information for up to 11 HOURS is such an abysmal FAILURE of the most basic kind as to require no further explanation. Apparently multiple idiot crews were involved in this unbelievable debacle... which makes me wonder if ALL the pilots at this poor airline all fear for their job and put safety of passengers second to keeping their crappy, low-paying job!

BBB

How could any rational thinking aircrew strand passengers on an airplane without air, power, functioning lavs, or food for up to 11 hours?

For the love of baby jesus I can only imagine it is because JetBlue has no union and the incompetent captain and even more frightened FO fears for their jobs should they start an APU or leave an engine running (like normal pilots would!). After an hour, any NORMAL pilot would have DEMANDED that the EMPTY airplane at the gate be towed clear and we be towed/taxi in. Apparently Jetblue has cornered the market on absolute freakin' MORONS (captains) that sit in a holding pen for up to 11 HOURS with no electricity, no air, no food, no functioning lavatories and no freakin' brains! As a passenger I would have called 911 and called a halt to the INSANITY many hours before!

You IDIOTS at JetBlue deserve congressional intervention in the form of a passenger bill of rights because you are TOO STUPID to regulate yourselves! Have I mentioned that because of your STUPIDITY congress will finally force some guidance upon you!

Honest to God... stranding families in the back of your aluminum tube with no electricity, no flow of air, no heat, no meaningful food, no functioning lavatories and no information for up to 11 HOURS is such an abysmal FAILURE of the most basic kind as to require no further explanation. Apparently multiple idiot crews were involved in this unbelievable debacle... which makes me wonder if ALL the pilots at this poor airline all fear for their job and put safety of passengers second to keeping their crappy, low-paying job!

BBB

Okay man put down the alcohol and sleep it off! You sound like the freakin media.. Considering that JB has pilots from nearly every legacy and every facet of the industry do you really think that your extreme views are rational?

Havent you heard of block time? Thats a lotta extra $$$$$ baby!!! Can you say cha ching!!!!

OConsidering that JB has pilots from nearly every legacy and every facet of the industry do you really think that your extreme views are rational?

Extreme views? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you happen to catch any of the FRUSTRATED AND EXHAUSTED PASSENGER INTERVIEWS? You must also be mentally disabled to think holding passengers HOSTAGE in an aluminum tube with no power, no source of fresh air, no food, and no way of eliminating human waste is somehow "NORMAL" for 11 hours falls anywhere within the bounds of normality! You sir an an IDIOT! It's no wonder congress will be FORCED to act on the passenger bill of rights. These JetBlue captains are obviously incompetent. Why else would congress feel compelled to act?

BBB

If I had been on board with my kids, I would have given them 15 minutes warning, then blown a slide.....

I agree. I could see a couple hours or more in a lineup that has SOME progression but 11 hours camped out on the ramp shut down is pure insanity.

Gup

Click.....

The pilots from those legacy carriers hired at JetBlue were all fo's at their previous carriers. So, they had nothing to say before. And they are too afraid to do something on their own. What happens if they have a problem in the air, will they then do what the company tells them? Thankfully the majority of your flying is up and down the coastline so that airmanship isn't really a factor. BBB, you are right in everything you said.......I wouldn't even treat our jumpseaters that way, never mind paying customers.

If I had been on board with my kids, I would have given them 15 minutes warning, then blown a slide.....

My sentiments EXACTLY! Somehow, among all the job paranoia and thoughts of saving fuel what's been lost is the HUMANITY in this crappy situation! No way would I hang tight, pee in my water bottle, sweat a liter an hour in a hot, humid, sticky, disgusting aluminum tube because the 26 yr old Captain was scared for his job should he assert himself and act responsibly like an ORDINARY captain would!

BBB

Latest resources

Back