• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Complete Incompetence!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's not forget this story of utter incompetence is splashed across the front page of the USA TODAY and is the lead story on every major network broadcast. Neeleman, with his big grin and pre-cancerous skin lesions glistening for the cameras said it was a series of terrible decisions... no kidding Dave! Fact is you hired a bunch or scared-for-their-job morons and you got a result that was completely predictable!

BBB

Well BBB, hopefully you will get your opportunity to blow a slide, that would look great on your resume and yes, you would be looking for a new job!

As for the meltdown in JFK, it truly was pathetic and there is no real excuse, but jetblue is not the first airline to mess up in this fashion and more than likely will not be the last.

Fortunately boxes do not use their cellphones when they are delayed!

As for the meltdown in JFK, it truly was pathetic and there is no real excuse, but jetblue is not the first airline to mess up in this fashion and more than likely will not be the last.

Fortunately boxes do not use their cellphones when they are delayed!

So in all that blabber... all I get is this is normal (because we are not the only ones to display incredibly unbelievable poor judgment). Well now I'm re-assured... the industry is rife with idiots that would do the same! Thanks Dizel8.

BBB

Fact is you hired a bunch or scared-for-their-job morons and you got a result that was completely predictable!
BBB

That is funny, the NWA pilots who got stuck in this kind of crap in DTW were ALPA, the AA crew in Austin were APA, the SWA crew in MDW were SWAPA, the FedEx crew in JFK were ALPA. Wx happens and sometimes things do not go as planned, union or not, has nothing to do with it.

Oh, but I am a bit curious, why does it upset you so, after all, you were not on any of the airplanes delayed nor were you in JFK dealing with the situation?

That is funny, the NWA pilots who got stuck in this kind of crap in DTW were ALPA, the AA crew in Austin were APA, the SWA crew in MDW were SWAPA, the FedEx crew in JFK were ALPA. Wx happens and sometimes things do not go as planned, union or not, has nothing to do with it.

Oh, but I am a bit curious, why does it upset you so, after all, you were not on any of the airplanes delayed nor were you in JFK dealing with the situation?

You had a half dozen or more instances of complete and utter incompetence on the part of JetBlue leadership and you are wondering where the problem lies? OMG! You guys at JetBlue really are clueless!

BBB

You had a half dozen or more instances of complete and utter incompetence on the part of JetBlue leadership and you are wondering where the problem lies? OMG! You guys at JetBlue really are clueless!

BBB

BB I think it sucks.. Having your operations completely shut down is an absolute worst nightmare and such a long delay is NOT acceptable but this is not the first time and it is certainly not the last airline that this happens to.

I think calling all jb pilots incompetent is out of line this industry is comprised of true professionals regardless of company and regardless of situation.

I hope there is a passenger bill of rights passed but I feel responsibility for that bill should be joint between operators AND the FAA. (Airline Z cannot be financially responsible for the flow or groundstops imposed by the faa)

I respect your opinions but disagree as we are all throwing rocks in a glass house in this situation.

BBB

And what might those be, I mean those that are specific only to jetblue and mistakes that no other airline have made.

I am all ears!!

For the sake of passengers yet unboarded I really hope those guys never find themselves in a situation where they have to make a decision.

I think calling all jb pilots incompetent is out of line this industry is comprised of true professionals regardless of company and regardless of situation.

You all had a stellar opportunity to demonstrate to this industry how you were not FOLLOWERS but LEADERS and... due to nothing other than utter incompetence... you chose as a company to punt. We're not talking a single flight here... we're talking a half dozen or more that were held captive in a nasty, filthy, hot, humid, no electricity, no ventilation, no food, no human waste removal situation for up to 11 hours and your IDIOT CAPTAINS did nothing to assert themselves! I assert your aircrew are more concerned with their jobs than passenger SAFETY! If your captains knew they had a strong union to support their decisions (vs the no union scared position that currently exists) then these horrific, captive stories would never had occurred!

BBB

BBB, once again you are spouting utter BS, why don't you tell us why this happened in DTW (ALPA) or AUS (APA) or JFK with DAL (ALPA)?

After all, union represented pilots, according to you, would have prevented such incidences!

Once again, I eagerly await you response!

Latest resources

Back