• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass to Seperate from DAL MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Bylaws aren't exactly clear on this, as far as I can tell. However, I would say that "feasibility" is in question, as the Association is having financial problems. Creating a new MEC for no reasonable purpose that will surely suck up OCF money and not be able to support itself, while meanwhile the DAL MEC has millions of dollars sitting in their SMRA doing nothing but buying extravagant furniture to inflate the Chairman's ego, make this a highly unreasonable request, in my opinion.

By your reasoning though, the Council should be pushing all mainline MECs to absorb their regional counterparts MECs or to at least donate their excess revenue to the less fortunate. Certainly, that isn't about to happen at any time in the foreseeable future.

All the DAL MEC is asking is to undo the horrible situation that the NWA MEC created. The current situation is no different than the governmental arrangement that led to the Revolutionary War. It was a stupid idea in the first place and it needs to end before it does erupt into war.

By your reasoning though, the Council should be pushing all mainline MECs to absorb their regional counterparts MECs

Compass is a slightly different creature than most regionals. There never was an MEC to be "absorbed" in the case of Compass, because it was created by the action of the NWA MEC when they took concessions and created Compass. The entire CPZ contract was negotiated by NWA MEC reps. The flowup/down structure is unique. Etc...

or to at least donate their excess revenue to the less fortunate.

I don't know if I'd put it that way, but I have suggested eliminating the SMRA refund policy and capping SMRA balances at $5 million, sweeping the overage into the A&S, OCF, or MCF. A handful of MECs sit on millions upon millions of dollars, and meanwhile, the rest of the Association struggles and the Unit 1 staff is told to suck it up and take concessions. This is fair? I think not.

Certainly, that isn't about to happen at any time in the foreseeable future.

I'm not sure exactly what will happen, but there will have to be changes. Expenses can only surpass revenue for so long before something gives.

All the DAL MEC is asking is to undo the horrible situation that the NWA MEC created. The current situation is no different than the governmental arrangement that led to the Revolutionary War. It was a stupid idea in the first place and it needs to end before it does erupt into war.

Apparently the CPZ coordinator disagrees with your assessment. Should we not listen to the representative of the CPZ pilots as to what is in their best interests? This reeks of nothing more than some reps' disdain for "little airplane" drivers.

I really find it interesting that the 13/12 vote fell entirely along North/South lines. The South (Delta) reps all voted FOR, with the North (NWA) reps all voting AGAINST. Big shocker. The pilots that have consistently led the way in giving away scope and looking down their noses at RJ pilots are trying to shove the CPZ pilots aside, while the pilots that have historically had some of the best scope are trying to preserve a working relationship that has an intact flow-through program. At least it gives me a shred of hope that the 12 that voted AGAINST will also vote against a certain someone becoming the next ALPA President.

Tell me more, what part of it is stupid?

Is it the part where the mainline MEC has an active hand in the operation and control of it's wholly-owned regional carriers? To me, that sounds right up ALPA's "Taking it Back" mantra.

Is it the part where divesting compass only passed by one vote along pre-merger lines? It seems the NWA guys understand the value of keeping the children close.

Or is it that you are a Mesaba pilot and are just afraid to see something different happening, and think you may somehow get screwed on the deal? The biggest complaint from the other regionals that I hear is the well educated argument of, "It's not Fair!".

so would DOH be a fair way to integrate the seniority lists with some sort of fence on the crj's and erj's for 5 years or something?

Hi!

Doesn't AA Eagle fly feed for DAL? And Horizon was flying feed for Frontier.

cliff
NBO

Don't even use DAL pilots, scope, and common sense in the same sentence

Agreed. They whiffed on another chance to get it right here. They must be worried about some Compass guy moving up through the ranks and landing a heavy on a taxiway someday.

Agreed. They whiffed on another chance to get it right here. They must be worried about some Compass guy moving up through the ranks and landing a heavy on a taxiway someday.
HAHAHA, Surprised Moak hasn't come out and said that the MEC will investigate to see if there was a hijacking of the the taxiway plane, because no DAL pilot makes a mistake

Latest resources

Back