• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass to Seperate from DAL MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then this is a DFR lawsuit just waiting to happen....You can't represent pilots without giving them a say...

Maybe I don't understand ALPA properly, but here is my take.

A single Compass pilot has the same say as a single Delta pilot. A Compass pilot is part of a LEC and his LEC reps hold a vote on the MEC. In a memrat vote, a Compass pilot casts a vote (although the Delta MEC doesn't seem to offer things for member rat very often :))

A single Compass pilot has the same say as a single Delta pilot. A Compass pilot is part of a LEC and his LEC reps hold a vote on the MEC. In a memrat vote, a Compass pilot casts a vote (although the Delta MEC doesn't seem to offer things for member rat very often :))

1. The Compass pilots didn't get to vote for their rep on the DAL MEC. He was "appointed" by the NWA MEC.

2. The Compass rep on the DAL MEC doesn't get a vote.

3. They should have 2 voting members of the MEC....Instead they have 1 non voting appointed member.

Just the fact that such a landmark decision regarding the Compass pilot group could be made by pilots that were not employed at Compass should be reason enough for people to realize they need their own representation. It seems to me that the north councils voted to keep Compass in mostly to retain the vote count so they could be more influential on new DAL MEC.

just the fact that such a landmark decision regarding the compass pilot group could be made by pilots that were not employed at compass should be reason enough for people to realize they need their own representation. It seems to me that the north councils voted to keep compass in mostly to retain the vote count so they could be more influential on new dal mec.

bingo!

1. The Compass pilots didn't get to vote for their rep on the DAL MEC. He was "appointed" by the NWA MEC.

2. The Compass rep on the DAL MEC doesn't get a vote.

3. They should have 2 voting members of the MEC....Instead they have 1 non voting appointed member.

Compass has 6 LEC members, an FO and CA rep for DTW, MEM, and MSP. We vote for our elected reps just like every other former NWA pilot in those bases. The position you are talking about is a 'coordinator' position. It's not an elected position because we already have elected representatives.

Please go back to hijacking DAL threads.

Just the fact that such a landmark decision regarding the Compass pilot group could be made by pilots that were not employed at Compass should be reason enough for people to realize they need their own representation. It seems to me that the north councils voted to keep Compass in mostly to retain the vote count so they could be more influential on new DAL MEC.

It's funny how everyone, other than Compass pilots (and former NWA pilots), think they know what's best for Compass pilots.

Go away. You don't know what you are talking about and add nothing to the conversation.

Compass has 6 LEC members, an FO and CA rep for DTW, MEM, and MSP. We vote for our elected reps just like every other former NWA pilot in those bases. The position you are talking about is a 'coordinator' position. It's not an elected position because we already have elected representatives.

Please go back to hijacking DAL threads.

Do these 6 LEC officers have a vote on the DAL MEC?

Nope. It's more or less an entity within an entity. Not a bad deal for them since they have the resources of deltoid alpa.

Not a bad deal?

Not having a vote on the MEC is a bad deal and a DFR lawsuit waiting to happen...Why don't they get a vote? Are they not members?

I can't believe people are actually advocating that this is a "good deal"..

Latest resources

Back