• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass to Seperate from DAL MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep in mind that this isn't final until the governing bodies at the national level approve it. It's entirely possible that the Executive Council will look at the split vote and decide that this isn't a good idea.

Where does the CPZ coordinator stand on this issue?

How do you figure the flow at XJ "pales" in comparison to the flow at CP? I'd much rather have protections for a flowback when times are bad and have them metered. If it means only haveing a trickle up (9) then so be it. The flow rate that CP currently has of 25 or whatever is non sustainable and would be completely devastating if there were to be a flowback.

Fine... give up your flow. More slots for the XJ guys when things start turning around. I hope that attitude is a minority attitude! Ask the 12 XJ guys that got to flow how they like it? If it isn't hurting you, why get rid of it?

As for a merger between Compass and Mesaba... well... that would be rather entertaining.

Having your own MEC will finally allow you proper representation. Yea, 'cause the NW/DL pilots were really looking out for your best interests... especially giving you a non voting "representative" position. Now you'll have your own MEC and finally be just like the rest of the DCI grunts. And having the attitude that you couldn't represent yourselves because there is nobody good enough is defeatest and really sad. Take care of your own problems like the rest of us! There's got to be at least 10 guys there willing to stand up for your group right?

Last edited:
so who is gonna guess on how the lists will be intergrated when it comes time to deal with that, will we have former 175 captains as sabb captains, or 175 fos as 340 fos? 9 fos who will be 175 captains?

so who is gonna guess on how the lists will be intergrated when it comes time to deal with that, will we have former 175 captains as sabb captains, or 175 fos as 340 fos? 9 fos who will be 175 captains?

That seems to be getting a little ahead of things, doesn't it?

not if "its a done deal" according to someones brothers sisters cousins uncle's step son who blew a former LCA at compass while in highschool said so!

Double edged sword

Ending the flow would, in the long run, be detrimental to the interests of the CPZ guys if, and only if, recall rights attach even if you get a job elsewhere and would still be eligible for return to your previous status. In the short term, I am of the opinion that eventually DAL will have to furlough some bodies and 350 bodies is a relatively small number, but enough to displace EVERY pilot at Compass.

Retirements will resume before the economy, and more importantly, the consumer regain the confidence to return the industry to good times. The question is whether DAL can eat the costs of carrying extra people until late 2013.

Let's not forget the possibility that this industry, and tangentially, this JOB (you will notice I will never use the word career in connection with piloting ever again) simply will never be the same. The public has determined that air travel is no different than any other utility and should always be affordable.

The public will always tell you that you should be well paid, but backpedal like a mutherfocker when you add the caveat that it would double airfares.

REALITY CHECK:::!!!!! Those so inclined, please insert head in sand at this time.

Flying is the best job in the world in my opinion. If you want to undertake the challenge for the love of it, do so. Just be damn sure you have suitable backup income/options and never expect to make great money for the rest of your career.

runnin' like a mofo.

Keep in mind that this isn't final until the governing bodies at the national level approve it. It's entirely possible that the Executive Council will look at the split vote and decide that this isn't a good idea.

The CPZ coordinator is a strong advocate for remaining within DAL MEC, he's giving a presentation to the Ex. Council at the request of the MEC to state his view point.

Prater will be feeding his face with a jelly donut and coffee, trying to figure out how to get more money for the MECS to eat. This is small stuff compared to the MECS food bills

Its not up to the Council to decide if this is a good idea. The only thing the EC will do is look at the feasibility/reasonability of the request. Even with the split vote, the resolution more than meets these benchmarks.

Its not up to the Council to decide if this is a good idea. The only thing the EC will do is look at the feasibility/reasonability of the request. Even with the split vote, the resolution more than meets these benchmarks.

The Bylaws aren't exactly clear on this, as far as I can tell. However, I would say that "feasibility" is in question, as the Association is having financial problems. Creating a new MEC for no reasonable purpose that will surely suck up OCF money and not be able to support itself, while meanwhile the DAL MEC has millions of dollars sitting in their SMRA doing nothing but buying extravagant furniture to inflate the Chairman's ego, make this a highly unreasonable request, in my opinion.

Latest resources

Back