Compass to Seperate from DAL MEC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or just maybe...

Agreed. They whiffed on another chance to get it right here. They must be worried about some Compass guy moving up through the ranks and landing a heavy on a taxiway someday.

Maybe they are worried about another lawsuit ala RJDC to crop up when the next contract goes into negotiation. I mean if the company wants to double Compass's size (part of the MEC) who has the right to spend negotiating capital to stop it? It's inherently difficult for the same MEC, let alone Union to appropriately represent the varied differing interests that DAL mainline and Compass would want resolved at the negotiating table.
Luv

Maybe they are worried about another lawsuit ala RJDC to crop up when the next contract goes into negotiation. I mean if the company wants to double Compass's size (part of the MEC) who has the right to spend negotiating capital to stop it? It's inherently difficult for the same MEC, let alone Union to appropriately represent the varied differing interests that DAL mainline and Compass would want resolved at the negotiating table.
Luv

That's exactly why this was done...The conflict of interest has painted ALPA into a corner....

....differing interests....

As long as airline managers can continue to enlist the aid of airline unions' leadership in maintaining that illusion, nothing can or will ever change.

Illusion???

As long as airline managers can continue to enlist the aid of airline unions' leadership in maintaining that illusion, nothing can or will ever change.

What illusion, even in DAL MEC there will be differences in what should be negotiated for.... International pay / night pay / pay rate disparities amongst airframes / work rules for domestic vs intnl.

During a contract everything is negotiable, for a price, so how could a MEC possibly (without a lawsuit) say to DAL that they want something that could be conceivably detrimental to a wholly owned / represented carrier without a lawsuit? Maybe the plan was for the MEC to continue to negotiate these folks back to the mainline.
Fact was NWA created Compass so that when the bottom of their SL was furloughed they had somewhere to go so that when the top half of the SL kept their pensions, they could sleep at night knowing that bottom of the SL wouldn't be completely unemployed.

It's more of a generational thing I believe. Those who have theirs do not want to flatten the pay scales to make the bottom a livable wage.

Ultimately DAL MEC could have all the DCI flying on property if they offered the company a 30% discount on widebody flying and used those savings to "recapture" the regional stuff. At what point do you stop bringing down the top though?

Would the regionals be willing to accept a pay scale that did not give raises over time for longevity? There are all kinds of ways to shake up the current system, but what we need is some real leadership with a vision and a plan.

Fact was NWA created Compass so that when the bottom of their SL was furloughed they had somewhere to go so that when the top half of the SL kept their pensions, they could sleep at night knowing that bottom of the SL wouldn't be completely unemployed.
Really? Says who? NWA management?

Would the regionals be willing to accept a pay scale that did not give raises over time for longevity? There are all kinds of ways to shake up the current system, but what we need is some real leadership with a vision and a plan.
From what I understand, the regional pay-scale is already flat as it is.

The perceived conflict of interest doesn't exist. Compass pilots don't want Compass to grow at the expense of Delta jobs any more than Delta pilots do.

The perceived conflict of interest doesn't exist. Compass pilots don't want Compass to grow at the expense of Delta jobs any more than Delta pilots do.

That's the viewpoint most of us have, and most of realize that the jobs we'd take through growth at Compass would likely only be our own future slots at DAL.

I've said it before, if King Moak is concerned about DFR lawsuits, he should be more concerned about the jr. ranks of DAL pilots, not CPZ guys.

I think the concern is guys like Mr. Indy Air here. Not that i agree with it- they've still got a bad taste and a disdain for situations like that b/c of the RJDC thing. Ironically, I think they are setting themselves up for round to unintentionally.

Moak is a joke when it comes to small jet scope....

It only takes one Compass pilot to file a DFR lawsuit, and this one would be a slam dunk since the Compass pilots don't even have a vote on their MEC.

The "lifers" at the regionals are a minority...However it is a minority that you are going to have to deal with...

Most lifers aren't lifers by choice. We are lifers due to the shortsightedness of the mainline pilots who gave the flying away, eliminating seat positions at their airlines, which resulted in this whole debacle.

It is not ALPA's fault. It is the fault of the senior pilots at the mainlines. ALPA never made anyone sign a contract. Those three-times-divorced-I-got-mine preeeeeecks did this.

And we can also pin their furloughs on them too.

And now they want to take it back????

Hey mainline!!!!

Take this!!! Right here buddy!!!

You stuck me here, so pucker up and start kissing it!!!

Latest resources

Back