Compass new bases after Delta NW Merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Sioux,
Be careful with the word Compost. It what the mainline guys will call YOU not our management.

Hi!

I have JS some on Compass. It seems like ALL the pilots I've met are pretty happy/content.

This makes sense, because Compass is new, so no one is "stuck" there like some other airlines where people went there for "X", and now it has changed to a sh!tty "z". If someone didn't like the way Compass is, they didn't apply or take the job.

I tried to get an interview for street capt, and then didn't interview for FO last year.

I hope for all the best to Compass employees.

cliff
YIP

Hey Sioux,
Be careful with the word Compost. It what the mainline guys will call YOU not our management.

I got the term compost from my mainline nwa buddy. I ams sure when I j/s home I will get my fair share of warranted abuse.

I got the term compost from my mainline nwa buddy. I ams sure when I j/s home I will get my fair share of warranted abuse.

If mainline guys look down on Compass, it's their fault. They gave away the 76 seaters and their MEC negotiated the contract that Compass operates under.

Apparently, Bendo has resigned, check out Compass points. Anyone know what this is about? Took me off guard.

New president is to be Tim Campbell, former NWA VP of Regional Airline Ops. :erm:

Well you might find that to be a mixed bag. Some guys have been very friendly, others just very short with me, but never completely rude.

I've heard from some Compass guys that the NWA captains signing their form didn't even know who compass was.

Well you might find that to be a mixed bag. Some guys have been very friendly, others just very short with me, but never completely rude.

I've heard from some Compass guys that the NWA captains signing their form didn't even know who compass was.

I've talked to wide-body Captains who didn't know a whole lot about Compass. I think narrow-body guys tend to know a little more. Some guys are more in tune with what goes on at work than others. No big deal.

Probably because they are/were about the only ones hiring at the time. Plus I believe many have gone to Compass based on its potential. Which I believe it has a bunch (based on what Delta will do it could also be sold down the road).

I think Sioux might just feel the sting of being furloughed by his mainline carrier. Plus the fact that his last regional airline had better pay and work rules then Compass does.

Don't jump all over him, many people try and progress there careers and when all the sudden you see it regress it can be a bit frustrating. I think many of us would have this attitude if this happened to us. This career we all have chosen is a big rollercoaster ride and we can only hope the low parts don't last long.

Good Luck to everyone that has chosen this career.
Ummm...are you and Sioux sleeping together?

The "regional standard" here at COMPOST is horrible. No trip or duty rigs, min day is way too low, only one day room for the entire crew, but no if there is a crew room, company doesn't pay for the doctor if they make you go when you call in sick, 75 pay for second sick call, 50 pay for third sick call, etc. Who the heck thought it was a good idea to allow the company to make captains fly as copilots?? This is a safety issue that no credible pilot group/union should allow. It also keeps staffing levels lower. This is the type of stuff you see at Mesa. Previous regionals I have flown for had much better contracts. It is just sad to see such weak pay and work rules negotiated outside of bankruptcy or financial burden. How can we all be happy with this disgusting way of life we have created? It is embarassing to tell a captain while jumpseating I work for Compass. Usually followed by how much are you guys making to fly that thing? Maybe one day pilots will figure out how to make money instead of giving it all to the company.
You do realize how much of a moron you look like complaining about a contract you had full access to BEFORE you took the job...don't you?

You do realize how much of a moron you look like complaining about a contract you had full access to BEFORE you took the job...don't you?

Where was I going to get access to the contract from? Even if there was a way why shouldn't I take the job to pay my bills and then try to fix the problem when I am here. So.........since you aren't complaining you are happy with the contract? Thats crazy! Why don't guys complain more? Why is everyone upset at me complaining? It is sad to see pilots jump on pilots versus complaining about how crappy a company is. So much for solidarity amongst pilots.

Latest resources

Back