• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass new bases after Delta NW Merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can tell you all exactly how we could fix the contract before 2013: Taxi *everywhere* at 2mph. Don't drop the brake early for on-time. Don't carry writeups to a base. That's exactly what NWA guys did and got their 150% pay beyond 80 hour back LONG before their BK contract was amendable. It would, however, have to be a grassroots effort with no union involvement, and the vast majority of the pilots would have to be on board. Right now I don't think enough pilots are pi$$ed off enough for it to happen, but give JK time. He's so good at pi$$ing off pilots that I'm starting to think he's an ALPA plant.

Anybody else find Bendo leaving Compass to going over to be Comair's new President a little interesting? Anybody have any backround on what the new Prez Tim Campbell is like?

I can tell you all exactly how we could fix the contract before 2013: Taxi *everywhere* at 2mph. Don't drop the brake early for on-time. Don't carry writeups to a base. That's exactly what NWA guys did and got their 150% pay beyond 80 hour back LONG before their BK contract was amendable. It would, however, have to be a grassroots effort with no union involvement, and the vast majority of the pilots would have to be on board. Right now I don't think enough pilots are pi$$ed off enough for it to happen, but give JK time. He's so good at pi$$ing off pilots that I'm starting to think he's an ALPA plant.

Need to start having the whole pilot group off probation (90% will be in second year nine months from now) and then I think 100% will be in favor of such actions.

Then, watch your flying get transferred!

Where was I going to get access to the contract from?
All you have to do is ask any Compass pilot on here, and most would be happy to send you a .PDF of it. I've done it 2 or 3 times now for people on here.
SiouxHockeyFan said:
Even if there was a way why shouldn't I take the job to pay my bills and then try to fix the problem when I am here.
How are you going to fix the problems you talked about?...everything you complain about is in stone in the contract. All you'll accomplish here is making CA's like me miserable on a 4-day with your constant complaining.
SiouxHockeyFan said:
So.........since you aren't complaining you are happy with the contract?
Mostly happy with it...it's better than where I came from. At least they don't purposely violate it all the time like my last airline. Yes, there certainly are bad spots, but it's NOWHERE NEAR terrible.
SiouxHockeyFan said:
Why don't guys complain more?
Because the rest of us were smart enough to do our homework before we came here. We knew the bad spots and big risks, so we don't cry like a little baby after we get hired. Also, everyone is treated with respect here which makes people not complain. Yes, there are a instances where someone higher up ticked off someone at the pilot level, but I've been here over a year and most everyone I talk to is very happy, so they don't complain.
SiouxHockeyFan said:
Why is everyone upset at me complaining?
Because nobody on this earth likes a chronic complainer. If you want to post some details of the contract, and make your point about the bad parts, that's fine. It will inform others who are thinking about coming here, and let them make an informed decision, which is good. But, when all you do is b**ch like a 10 year old school girl, it makes you look foolish, especially since you haven't even made it to the line yet.

Jealous are we?
Nope...just find it unusual that you're the ONLY one sticking up for him. I don't understand how you can stick up for someone who calls their own airline "Compost", when they haven't flown a single flight for them. HE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO LOOK AT THE CONTRACT BEFORE HE ACCEPTED THE JOB!! On top of that, besides training, it is not bad here at all, including the contract. It could be a lot worse.

You mentioned that he has the right to vent his frustrations on a public board, and you're 100% correct. But, besides training(which we all know is a huge joke at CAE) he's venting about things that were on paper and agreed on over a year before he started here.

With regard to the leadership change though, I think the interesting question is now... Does it really have to do more with us (compass) or Comair?

*Connery Voice* "The game is afoot!"

Nope...just find it unusual that you're the ONLY one sticking up for him. I don't understand how you can stick up for someone who calls their own airline "Compost", when they haven't flown a single flight for them. HE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO LOOK AT THE CONTRACT BEFORE HE ACCEPTED THE JOB!! On top of that, besides training, it is not bad here at all, including the contract. It could be a lot worse.

You mentioned that he has the right to vent his frustrations on a public board, and you're 100% correct. But, besides training(which we all know is a huge joke at CAE) he's venting about things that were on paper and agreed on over a year before he started here.

SiouxHockeyFan is only trying to get you all to realize that your contract sucks. just because a few of you might live in MSP and don't have to commute, does that meanthat you are willing to have a bad contract?
People have to pay the bills, and I recommend that some people don't take that job at Compost! With the price of a new uniform, crash pad, and QOL that has now been TRASHED commuting to MSP/DTW/MEN, you can drive a UPS truck and make the same amount of money!
SiouxHockeyFan has a good ALPA resume with Chairman and committee status, so he know what is in a contract how the loopholes that the company will do to get their way.

liv'n_on_credit, you clearly don't know anything about contract s and a small important thing called LOA's! You also quoted that the company is not violating the contract, I have a friend that is there and he has been violated a few times, and the great quote from EVERY Chief Pilot: "Do it and Grieve it!"
You also said that SiouxHockeyFan would make you miserable on a 4-day trip; I think that after you fly with him, you will be educated on the contract so much that you would realize that you don't know ******************** that you are talking about! I recommend that you read the contract, have working knowledge of it and then see how much the company does violate it!

SiouxHockeyFan, thanks for your trying to make Compost a better airline, and it will be a long hard road that you will be traversing to get this piot group to realize that they need a better contract!

I understand that ALL pilots that are at Compass Airlines did NOT sign this contract, nor did they have any say in this contract. This means that you have a long road ahead to get a better contract.
Not to bash the NWA pilots and LEC1, but you all might want to start thinking that you need your own union and MEC. The LEC 1 has alot going on, and I don't know how important your issues are compared to theirs.

SiouxHockeyFan has a good ALPA resume with Chairman and committee status, so he know what is in a contract how.
Well then, with those qualifications, he should have known to look at the Compass contract BEFORE he took the job...not take the job, and THEN complain. If he wants to make things better here, that's fine. But calling this place names and acting like a whining brat do not help makes things better. Volunteer on an ALPA committee...that will do more good than complaining.
Mav204 said:
You also quoted that the company is not violating the contract.
Re-read my post...I never said that. I said that they are not PURPOSELY violating the contract. We have a few brand new schedulers that are not very knowledgeable about the contract that you have to watch out for, but once you point out the violation to them, they always make it right, even if it's after you've "flown it and grieved it".
Mav204 said:
You also said that SiouxHockeyFan would make you miserable on a 4-day trip; I think that after you fly with him, you will be educated on the contract so much that you would realize that you don't know ******************** that you are talking about! I recommend that you read the contract, have working knowledge of it and then see how much the company does violate it!
I know the contract inside and out...and am smart enough to read it BEFORE I accept the job, unlike some people. I would love to fly with someone on a 4-day trip who is intelligent enough to MATURELY discuss our contract, and it's flaws...but NOT someone who just complains and complains about it...and then calls OUR company names. Only a fool would accept a job, then start trashing it and calling it names before even working a single day on the line.
Mav204 said:
SiouxHockeyFan, thanks for your trying to make Compost a better airline, and it will be a long hard road that you will be traversing to get this piot group to realize that they need a better contract!
But you see...he's NOT making the company better. Like I said before, there's nothing wrong at all with going on a public message board and pointing out the bad parts of a contract for people to see, IN A RESPECTABLE MANNER. Talking about it, and telling everyone where we need to improve the contract is all fine, but when you resort to calling us names like a child, that's where SIOUX and YOU lose all credibility.

Latest resources

Back