Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Coming up on 94 hours of Standby for the Month.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What company ?
PHXFLYR

Netjets. That's funny because I know a guy on the Encore fleet who seems to fly maybe 5-7 days per month. He wants to bid a busier fleet - some fleets seem to work a lot harder than others (i.e., X, XL and Sovereign).

Last edited:
Its ironic how pilots complain about being worked too hard and then complain about not being worked at all. How about being thankful you have a job? There are guys out there whom have lost their jobs or on there way to it and you're biggest problem is sitting? Just a reality check buddy.

Last edited:
Its ironic how pilots complain about being worked too hard and then complain about not being worked at all.

I don't think its a matter complaining of being not worked. Its more a complaint about sitting at an FBO on standby for 10+ hours when the hotel you came from, and will most likely return to, is right across the street!

Scheduling does have the option of showing us at the hotel. If called we have 30 minutes to be in the lobby and 30 minutes to get to the plane. If we're primary backup, show us at the FBO otherwise we should be at the hotel.

But I do agree with you, that in the big picture, its not a major issue, just annoying and unnecessary.

Last edited:
When I was at options I did almost 90 hours of FBO stby in one tour. The following week I was off to CGF for a productivity "seminar".

While im grateful i have a job, I really don't like being abused to the point of insanity. I understand why we need backups, but when we have a backup to a backup to a backup to a backup, it starts to get really annoying.

And If it is for a legit reason make me sit, but from my point of view its done to show usage and spite.

I don't think its a matter complaining of being not worked. Its more a complaint about sitting at an FBO on standby for 10+ hours when the hotel you came from, and will most likely return to, is right across the street!

Scheduling does have the option of showing us at the hotel. If called we have 30 minutes to be in the lobby and 30 minutes to get to the plane. If we're primary backup, show us at the FBO otherwise we should be at the hotel.

But I do agree with you, that in the big picture, its not a major issue, just annoying and unnecessary.
If the hotel is that close, why don't you just stay at the hotel and if they need ya, just walk across the street?

Latest resources

Back