• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Come to recurrent armed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most employers strictly forbid bringing firearms onto company property (legal liability, required by insurance)..I'm certain a large operation like ASA would have such a rule. Violation would result in 99.999% guaranteed termination (also required by insurance).

I'd bet they would apply that to the flight safety facility too.

Bingo...

Check your "employee handbook" from HR or whatever it is called at ASA, not your flight operations manuals. Most companies STRICTLY prohibit this. Flight Safety would be considered as company property during your termination hearing.

I don't know about ASA, but bringing a weapon onto FedEx property equals being arrested and prosecuted. Leave your artillery at home, please!

Leave your artillery at home? If it's legal to carry and not against policy (which I doubt) then why not? That's why the OP is asking.

If I could afford to pay an armed LEO to follow me everywhere I go, I would.

Check all your company handbooks to see if it's in there. If not I'd bring it along. I had a sim session at flight safety in Hobby (South Houston) when I was a new hire... I brought my conceal carry like I do in any bad neighborhood or late at night. I'd rather answer questions and live than the other way around. The "it'll never happen to me, you're a crazy right wing nutjob" people think they can talk their way out of anything....

Last edited:
Ummm...

How exactly will carrying a firearm while you are strapped into the simulator prevent or deter someone from breaking into your car and stealing your GPS, stereo, clean underwear or whatever else you have left in there?

Just wondering?!

:erm:

An interesting tidbit of info: Vehicles are regularly broken into and stolen out of the parking lot of the vendor who hosts ASA's recurrent ground and simulator training.

I consider this a clear and present threat to my personal safety when scheduled for these events.

Does anyone know of any company policy that addresses coming to these events armed?

Sorry dude. Prohibited in the corporate policy manual, unless FFDO. 2-18.1 (4A)

Ummm...

How exactly will carrying a firearm while you are strapped into the simulator prevent or deter someone from breaking into your car and stealing your GPS, stereo, clean underwear or whatever else you have left in there?

Just wondering?!

:erm:
People breaking into cars means there is crime in the area.. Which could lead to you being robbed or kidnapped etc. Protecting yourself has nothing to do with someone stealing your GPS. If you need me to explain anything else just let me know.

People breaking into cars means there is crime in the area.. Which could lead to you being robbed or kidnapped etc. Protecting yourself has nothing to do with someone stealing your GPS. If you need me to explain anything else just let me know.

Ummm...

You might want to look up the word "paranoid".

So do you apply this same logic on overnights? For example, if you are overnighting in New York for example, do you hide in your room surrounded by your pillows because of your fears? I mean, really. I heard that there is a lot of crime there so you must really be afraid of being robbed or kidnapped!!!!!!!

Interesting logic though...

Latest resources

Back