• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Come to recurrent armed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know I lived in the red roof for three months and have been parking in and out of FS for years and never gave much thought to that place. On the other hand I know a couple guys who had their cars broken into and everything stolen... :-/

I was there for King Air recurrent this year and I walked everywhere. Night, day whatever. I never felt unsafe. None of the instructors mentioned anything about crime other than one offhand remark about the commuter train, MARTA or whatever its called. I'm glad I'm going back to recurrent at flightsafety Long Beach this time, there wont be any armed regional airline dorks looking for trouble.

Grow a pair and go to sim like everyone else, with out your small dick compensator. What a Sally.

Compensating for a small penis by carrying a gun is still better than compensating for a lack of intelligence by using small penis insults...

I actually carry a very small gun to compensate for my very large dick and I only do that because of my embarrassing inability to hurl small rocks at 1000fps. Well, not with any amount of accuracy anyway.

Last edited:
Watch the pepper spray, many companies will prohibit ANY type of a weapon on company property. Check your books for the specific wording.

I CCW and have never felt the urge to carry to recurrent, the sim or to work. The chances of getting into trouble with your company are far greater than being "kidnapped".

Pretty sure in GA you can carry just about anywhere now except bars and into the airport-and there was a ruckus about not being able to carry guns inside hartsfield a few months ago.

Some parts of GA its required for the head of households to have a gun.

I think you're safe going the 50 feet from your car to the front door at FS. And packing heat in the sim isn't going to keep someone from cutting the catalytic converter off your car. You don't need a reason to carry. If you want to just do it.

I've been a crashpadder in that area for over 9 years and have never had a problem other than panhandlers. I did have one issue on MARTA, that gave me reason to consider carrying. Believe it or not the busses are safer than the trains, but overall if you're smart about your surroundings and take precautions you should be safe. We did have one guy get held up at gun point behind the Crown Plaza walking to recurrent, and I know a DAL guy who scared off a mugger behind the Comfort Inn, who then went and mugged another person in the parking lot of the Welsley. And the fast food joints and hotels are robbed regularly.

I think you're safe going the 50 feet from your car to the front door at FS. And packing heat in the sim isn't going to keep someone from cutting the catalytic converter off your car. You don't need a reason to carry. If you want to just do it.

I've been a crashpadder in that area for over 9 years and have never had a problem other than panhandlers. I did have one issue on MARTA, that gave me reason to consider carrying. Believe it or not the busses are safer than the trains, but overall if you're smart about your surroundings and take precautions you should be safe. We did have one guy get held up at gun point behind the Crown Plaza walking to recurrent, and I know a DAL guy who scared off a mugger behind the Comfort Inn, who then went and mugged another person in the parking lot of the Welsley. And the fast food joints and hotels are robbed regularly.

Look, people... The area ain't nice-it ain't safe-by any stretch... If you can walk through hapeville, East Point, or College Park without being concerned about the safety of your surroundings-it ain't proof that you are actually safe, but proof that you are gullible and not in touch with reality.

That area has some of the highest crime in ATL, and if you can't recognize all the warning signs all around there, you are only fooling yourself. As for the rest of us, we shall deal with the situation as we see fit-regardless of all your hand-wringing and thumb-sucking.

Latest resources

Back