• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's Sole Crash Survivor wants to fly again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This coming from the guy who blasted the SAS DASH 8 pilots for not shutting down both engines prior to landing! (who knows nothing about the 8's systems regarding loss of hyd's on the rudder with both engines shut down unless a mod has been put in place). What a display of experience you displayed Ruskie, I think the real reason you are not on this board that much is because you are still licking your wounds from the butt kicking you got on this thread :
First of all, I didn't receive ANY "butt kicking". There is absolutely nothing wrong with Monday morning quarterbacking if it is done without disrespect to the dead. Did I disrespect any dead pilots in my postings? No I didn't. Your problem with my postings on the Dash 8 incident is your personal lack of ability to meet the needs of spontaneous thought required in the event of an emergency. My posts were made with an educated input instead of a moronic insult to fellow crew members. BTW, I have spoken to plenty of Dash pilots, and that scenario can be performed if necessary.

Please remember that those pilots used poor technique resulting in their aircraft departing the runway. The incident was completely foreseeable and caught on video. Aeromedical factors played no little or no part in that crash as it did in 5191's.

Hey Rushen you are a total hypocrite in the finest sense of the word! I guess it was OK for you to bash the dash accident because no one got killed right? :smash:
It was. One thing you forget to mention was that there were plenty of people backing me up on that. Not only here, but on other boards.
Or did you finally grow up?:puke:
This has nothing to do with being grown up. It everything to do with thinking objectively.

I sincerely think you need to Shut the "f " up and go back into hiding sir....
Would you prefer the children?
The feelings are mutual about you too:
Sure, they are. Go ******************** yourself, too.

First of all, I didn't receive ANY "butt kicking". There is absolutely nothing wrong with Monday morning quarterbacking if it is done without disrespect to the dead. Did I disrespect any dead pilots in my postings? No I didn't. Your problem with my postings on the Dash 8 incident is your personal lack of ability to meet the needs of spontaneous thought required in the event of an emergency. My posts were made with an educated input instead of a moronic insult to fellow crew members. BTW, I have spoken to plenty of Dash pilots, and that scenario can be performed if necessary.

Please remember that those pilots used poor technique resulting in their aircraft departing the runway. The incident was completely foreseeable and caught on video. Aeromedical factors played no little or no part in that crash as it did in 5191's.

It was. One thing you forget to mention was that there were plenty of people backing me up on that. Not only here, but on other boards.
This has nothing to do with being grown up. It everything to do with thinking objectively.

Would you prefer the children?
Sure, they are. Go ******************** yourself, too.
Are you still pissed at Reagan for F'n up your utopia?
Stick to the Vodka, that's where you did your best pinko!!!

So how badly does a pilot have to screw up to never be allowed back in the cockpit?

I feel for this guy but he screwed up, big time.

This post needs to be shut down. There is no respect. All airlines have made a mistake. Southwest could have killed thousands with their latest cracks. Those are the mistakes that should never happened. I remember a certain regional that went up to FL410 to have a little fun. That could have killed thousands depending on where they ended up. NOW those kind of accidents have no excuse.

Wow, what can I say, you believe the news over Boeing, and the FAA. The SWA news has nothing to do with this post and your thought they may kill thousands at 137 people at a time. The odds of that in your statement is obscene. Think before you post.

Nobody is 'tolerating' anything. We're trying to have a little compassion for someone that was the sole survivor of a crash that killed 49 people. He didn't get away with anything. He lost a leg and now has to somehow deal with the godawful idea that he played a part in this accident. What the ******************** is wrong with you?
Just out of curiosity, how would you feel about a wet behind the ears 1LT that made a mistake and got 49 Marines (an entire platoon) killed? Would the Corps give him his job back? What if he actually sued others in an attempt to place blame elsewhere? Would you want your son under his command?
We all make mistakes and we all realize that mistakes have consequences. The consequences of this particular mistake for 49 people (and their families) was death. The consequences are probably going to be another line of work for the guy who is responsible.

Last edited:
Well good thing it isn't up to us if her returns to the cockpit. I don't see anywhere in the article it says he would return to an "AIRLINE" cockpit.

If he passes all the hurdles, physical and mental, and gets certified to fly again...he should be allowed to fly.

As for flying people for hire, that is up to each individual company.

ASADFW7

I respect your opinion. I agree there might be only one accident. I don't care if it was a ferry flight, but if it crashed into major city building, that is where I was getting my thousands from. Alaska's crash was horrific, but at least nobody on the ground was hurt. I didn't mean to imply everyone of your 73's were going to fall out of the sky.

Airtran is not a "major".
Nice shot, but ...............it is. Or, do you have your own designation procedure.

Something like this-----If I like=major, if not=not major.

Just let everyone know how you came about it Einstein.

Latest resources

Back