• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's Sole Crash Survivor wants to fly again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The very reason this guy's medical bills are so high is because people like him are sue-happy.

Caveman, not only is he the sole survivor but also the cause. Sorry, no compassion here.

BTW, I'm not a perfect pilot, but my mistakes never killed anyone or destroyed families.

Nobody is 'tolerating' anything. We're trying to have a little compassion for someone that was the sole survivor of a crash that killed 49 people. He didn't get away with anything. He lost a leg and now has to somehow deal with the godawful idea that he played a part in this accident. What the ******************** is wrong with you?

PLAYED A PART in the accident...more like CAUSED the accident

You pansy ass idiots. call it what it is...he f'ed up BIG time-and a bunch of people died. This is the type of descision making should not be tolerated--much less by professional pilots. What if your family was on this flight? I can care less if I offended him or anyone of you. This feel good, I will tip toe around anything that is percieved offensive is appauling. Call it what it is.

Unfortunatley for soft hearts, you are correct.

Caveman, not only is he the sole survivor but also the cause. Sorry, no compassion here.

BTW, I'm not a perfect pilot, but my mistakes never killed anyone or destroyed families.

This poor bastard is living the rest of his life knowing what he helped cause, and you have no compassion because your mistakes haven't killed anyone yet?? Wow. BTW he's not THE cause, he's part of the chain (part of which is also dead and leaves a family behind).

I somehow think you've never read Fate is the Hunter... Kharma's a bitch, and with an attitude like yours you're likely to be the next poor bastard to make that fatal mistake.

Yeah, but I ain't gonna try to go back flying whilst being sued and everything else. I'd get rehabbed, and leave the country ASAP.

Wow...Maybe every pilot who ever used LEX airport might want to do a class action lawsuit with this guy. PFFT!

Might be real good idea if you're ever in this guy's shoes.

I don't think some of you have any idea of the liability that you incur every time you push off the gate, or the underlying purpose of this suit.

You make a mistake, even an honest one that could happen to anyone, or you just have the bad luck to be an identifiable part of the accident chain, and you will be sued by one, or all, of the people sitting behind you.

Not just the company, the aircraft mfg, or whomever else the plaintiffs can think of will be sued, but you, personally, or your estate if you don't live, will be a defendant.

Your assets, future earnings, and any insurance payouts you receive will be targeted for settlement.

If you have the ultimate bad luck to make a mistake in a foreign country, you're likely to see a jail cell, as well.

Raising your hand and saying "my bad" isn't going to get you off the hook; and if you think that your company will help shield you in any way, well....good luck with that strategy.

The only recourse you may have is to mitigate the damage to yourself by proving that other parties share the blame.

Hence the suit against jepp and LEX.

although he's low on the turbine PIC time, this would be a doosey of a "tell me about a time" story for an interview at the majors....

although he's low on the turbine PIC time, this would be a doosey of a "tell me about a time" story for an interview at the majors....
I dont care who you are right there, thats funny.

Latest resources

Back