• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's Sole Crash Survivor wants to fly again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep in mind that fatigue played a major part in this accident. You can brief all you want and still may forget something if you become distracted by some unwanted input. They could have flown in and out of there 300 times and it wouldn't have mattered.

No flame here but how did fatigue factor in? I didn't read the final briefs. Wasn't the crew coming off a long layover and it was the 1st flight of the day? It's easy to play the fatigue card just like crying wolf.

First of all, I didn't receive ANY "butt kicking". There is absolutely nothing wrong with Monday morning quarterbacking if it is done without disrespect to the dead. Did I disrespect any dead pilots in my postings? No I didn't. Your problem with my postings on the Dash 8 incident is your personal lack of ability to meet the needs of spontaneous thought required in the event of an emergency. My posts were made with an educated input instead of a moronic insult to fellow crew members. BTW, I have spoken to plenty of Dash pilots, and that scenario can be performed if necessary.

Please remember that those pilots used poor technique resulting in their aircraft departing the runway. The incident was completely foreseeable and caught on video. Aeromedical factors played no little or no part in that crash as it did in 5191's.

It was. One thing you forget to mention was that there were plenty of people backing me up on that. Not only here, but on other boards.
This has nothing to do with being grown up. It everything to do with thinking objectively.

Would you prefer the children?
Sure, they are. Go ******************** yourself, too.

You are delusional if you think anyone was backing you up..... good luck finding an example of it. It had everything to do with irrational thinking on your part, especially with total lack of regard to any systems knowledge.....
Consider yourself added to my ignore list I hope your crew members are smart enough to ignore "your words of wisdom" in the cockpit.....:laugh:

No flame here but how did fatigue factor in? I didn't read the final briefs. Wasn't the crew coming off a long layover and it was the 1st flight of the day? It's easy to play the fatigue card just like crying wolf.

The "rushen" once again has his facts WRONG the fo and Fa were on a very long overnight , more than 24 hours.... the Captain commuted into the overnight the night before..... it was not reduced rest for any of the crew!

Ruskie always seems to place his opinion before the facts....

He should be working for the FAA......;)

The "rushen" once again has his facts WRONG the fo and Fa were on a very long overnight , more than 24 hours.... the Captain commuted into the overnight the night before..... it was not reduced rest for any of the crew!

Isn't Ruskie a chick?

You are delusional if you think anyone was backing you up..... good luck finding an example of it.
Go read the two threads on the subject, you will find supporters. All-in-all, you aren't going to find many supporters in the middle of a crap storm created by ignorant fellows. The few that spoke up were insulted and belittled, which seems to be your ONLY debate strategy.

It had everything to do with irrational thinking on your part, especially with total lack of regard to any systems knowledge.....
If you consider "doing what is necessary to meet the needs of the emergency" irrational, I'm not so sure I am the one with the issue.

Consider yourself added to my ignore list I hope your crew members are smart enough to ignore "your words of wisdom" in the cockpit.....:laugh:
Nothing like bowing out when you've got nothing left in you. Well, maybe you have some wind left to blow smoke and thats it. I've been disappointed in your behavior since this crap started. Can't you at least act like an airline pilot, even if you lack the aptitude to be one?

Oh wait, I sound like you now. Stick to the facts.

(Edit)BTW: Just because you and some of the others don't agree with me, it doesn't make me an idiot.

Last edited:
That has absolutely nothing to do with fatigue. It is ignorant to believe that layover length will reflect a pilot's ability to perform. This accident had everything to do with a distraction as a result of fatigue. Circadian rhythms have an incredible influence on your ability to perform. Our rhythms are broken every time we wake up at a different time in the morning. You will see a direct correlation to a night cargo pilot's life span, its shorter.

The truth is that I am one of the FEW folks on here that actually posts without emotion and always thinks objectively.

I'll take your certificates right away.

See above.

Why does everyone say "play the fatigue card"? Its not a card and I'm not trying to win money. People need to increase their ability to accept another person's level of stamina. Just because someone gets tired before you do or in a situation you wouldn't, doesn't mean they are trying to get out of something.

Latest resources

Back