Comair's Sole Crash Survivor wants to fly again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
debate strategy.

If you consider "doing what is necessary to meet the needs of the emergency" irrational, I'm not so sure I am the one with the issue.

Ruskie,
you seem to forget that your solution to the emergency was not thought out very well do to your ignorance of the dhc-8 systems.... your "solution" would have degraded and / or eliminated any normal braking and yaw control (rudder) not to mention nose wheel steering! That is why you DO NOT REWRITE AN EMERGENCY CHECKLIST WHILE ON SHORT FINAL WITH SH!T HITTING THE FAN!
sure you are authorized to do what every it takes to get the a/c down on the ground safely to save passengers lives, but the situation has to warrant those actions........
Getting ultra creative will do one of several things;
  • get you and your passengers killed
  • get you on the sh1t list with your company
  • get a letter in your file with the FAA
  • black ball you from ever getting out of your mighty 1900.​
Sure if I thought it was "all over" I would try anything to keep things upright and slowed down prior to impact... but why make the hole any bigger than it has to be?

Yes, now you are the victim!

You really are one emotional screwed up chick aren't you?

You log on to this thread tell everyone what pieces of ship they are and then you tell me to go look into a mirror?

Obviously something to be very proud of.......

Hello?

Ruskie dear, please go get some therapy right away!
What's your major malfunction Captzaahlie?

You insist on your own untouched, high level of FI professionalism yet you continue to play like a child in the sandbox. You lack the luster of the goods that you prefer, buddy. Please, take a goooood look in that mirror.

Do you really want to back these guys up and insist that my post was out of line? Do you seriously think that these folks deserve your argumentative, insulting style of defense just for your chance to get at me because it gets you off? Here you are posting that I have mental issues when your inability to separate tone, conversation posts, or objective debate has left you with nothing but name calling because you "don't like me".

These guys are here bashing the dead and disabled because of an unforeseeable accident that they think would never happen to them. Fatigue is a serious issue that is not respected by the regional airline middle managers. This makes the issue very different from one I commented on previously that involved poor technique during an emergency. There is a difference. If you can't see that, then you are the one who is lacking.

Get a life, dude. I thought I was on your ignore list anyway? What does the 1900 comment have to do with anything?

Last edited:
Ruskie,
you seem to forget that your solution to the emergency was not thought out very well do to your ignorance of the dhc-8 systems.... your "solution" would have degraded and / or eliminated any normal braking and yaw control (rudder) not to mention nose wheel steering! That is why you DO NOT REWRITE AN EMERGENCY CHECKLIST WHILE ON SHORT FINAL WITH SH!T HITTING THE FAN!
sure you are authorized to do what every it takes to get the a/c down on the ground safely to save passengers lives, but the situation has to warrant those actions........
Getting ultra creative will do one of several things;
  • get you and your passengers killed
  • get you on the sh1t list with your company
  • get a letter in your file with the FAA
  • black ball you from ever getting out of your mighty 1900.​
Sure if I thought it was "all over" I would try anything to keep things upright and slowed down prior to impact... but why make the hole any bigger than it has to be?
The original points in my post against the flight crew are being completely mis-represented by your posts. Those who got what I was saying were able to take something from the conversation. Your apparent mental blockage has limited you in your responses which have degraded to only insults. No one said anything about changing checklists or making up your own procedures on short final.

The scenario presented would not have caused a loss in rudder control outside of the time that it would be required to maintain control. The crew could have prevented any injury to the passengers and damage to the aircraft had they used the basic technique we are taught as private pilots. This technique was used by a S. America crew with no injuries and full control through the touchdown. Nosewheel steering did not help the SAS crew, nor would it help anyone else in a gear unlocked condition.

I haven't been in a 1900 in over 2.5 years now.

Too bad, we could have been buds. I love RC helis too.

Well, this thread really steered off course.

From what I've seen on FI this is the norm.....

but I'm done beating a dead horse, what was the topic again?
Sorry to stray off course..... I think the RNAV hiccuped or something.
:rolleyes:

Where the crap have you been?!

Did somebody say Spondivits?

Graduated FI Kindergarten for the "other" site...I'll be a block away from Spondivits on Wednesday, before we head across the pond.

You can sure hang you hat on the spelling thing. The perfect argument has been brought up a lot in this post. It is such an easy, no thought way of avoiding the real issue. Personal responsibility is lost in this world. The word victim has been pinned to everyone that has misgivings. The fact is thay people screw up and should take responsibility.
The explanation for your near-Texas accident is that you screwed up, and you have a hard time accepting that--blaming it on fate!!!! You are part of this problem!!!

Not only can you not spell, you can't read either! "...I screwed the pooch." What part of that did you not understand? You know what, never mind. It is pointless to discuss anything with some one as stupid as you.

Nice shot, but ...............it is. Or, do you have your own designation procedure.

Something like this-----If I like=major, if not=not major.

Just let everyone know how you came about it Einstein.

I got it now, you're Airtran. Another effing Eastern scab. That should have been obvious from the beginning.:puke:

Latest resources

Back