Comair to furlough 500??!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
goodpilotithink said:
They did this because their mgt. told them it would bring lots of shiny new jets to their propertys.

Now, in 2004, Comair mgt. came to the Comair pilot group wanting concessions so we could get more shiny new jets. We told them no, and the shiny new jets went to CHQ., SKYW, and ASA.

What about that pay freeze you voted in for "shiny new jets"?

I'll go outside and eat my car if you can name 3 issues my pilot group was facing at our last contract signing. Otherwise...get yourself informed before you make ridiculous statements.

On another note, much thanks to the CMR crew that waited for me in CHS last Sunday and got me home on my anniversary. I only hope someday I can return the favor.

bvt, you are one of the most delusional people on this board. you are nuts if you think CMR hasn't recieved jets at the expence of DL pilots or any other w.o. for that matter. you corn holes won't even let the DL pilots keep their seniority numbers if they want a job at CMR.

i don't know how many times this has to be repeated, but our management did not come to the group and say sign this contract and you will see new jets. i think it was more like sign this other contract and were going to start an alter ego airline for the sole purpose of whipsawing you.

bvt, i kind of feel bad for you that you have so much hatred for our group. you must be one miserable s.o.b..

StarChecker said:
What about that pay freeze you voted in for "shiny new jets"?

For the majority of us (at least the vast majority I've spoken to), it was for preservation and nothing else.

If all others applied the "pattern bargaining" principle, we may not have been placed in this position.

Ward

Last edited:
So the cheap get cheaper

goodpilotithink said:
All though any one following the industry should know this i will explain for your benefit.
The Comair pilots struck for 89 days and won an industry leading contract. This was in 2001. Soon afterwards, the CHQ. and MESA pilot groups signed contracts that were , uh, crappy, for a lack of a better word. They did this because their mgt. told them it would bring lots of shiny new jets to their propertys.
Now, in 2004, Comair mgt. came to the Comair pilot group wanting concessions so we could get more shiny new jets. We told them no, and the shiny new jets went to CHQ., SKYW, and ASA.
In the mean time. SKYWEST pilots agree to fly aircraft up to 99 seats for LESS than we get paid to fly aircraft with 50 seats.
So, the Comair pilots now start to get the picture. 2005.
The Comair pilots see that after raising the bar, then attempting to hold there ground, the likes of SKYWEST, CHQ, MESA, pilots are more than willing to fly dirt cheap, and if we are to prosper, we have to change. We must now compete . The old standard of one pilot group raising the bar so the next pilot group could negotiate an even BETTER contract is gone.
Yes, the Comair Pilots struck for 89 days, and won a good contract. And now that we have beed forced to rethink our approach some one like you calls us names?

Good grief.

So what you are saying is the COMAIR folks underbid DAL mainline, who were underbid by ASA, who were underbid by CHQ, and who were underbid by SKW, who will all be underbid eventually by MESA? Got it, roger!

Full of LUV said:
So what you are saying is the COMAIR folks underbid DAL mainline, who were underbid by ASA, who were underbid by CHQ, and who were underbid by SKW, who will all be underbid eventually by MESA? Got it, roger!

The Delta pilots never bid on 50 to 70-seat flying. Its impossible to underbid when you don't even enter a bid.

Texx said:
No "assuming" at all. He did.

Whatever. All the Delta guys I've talked to couldn't care less one way or the other. The only people that seem to get worked up over it are the ones posting here.

bvt1151 said:
It's spelled "hypocrite".

and I'd suggest keeping your mouth shut around pilot groups who are furloughing to give you that fourth stripe.

You should take your own advice!

Full of LUV said:

ASA never under-bid anyone. We refused to give in, and still were awarded the airplanes.

"Airways 145 flying is the only CHQ flying not to come at the expense of another pilot group".

Bullsh!t That flying came at the expense of another pilot group as well.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back