Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DrunkIrishman said:
Two things here:

1. FB also told CMR that they would get many more airplanes if they signed on the dotted line. Now, it is the opposite of his salespitch. Be careful that FB may be attempting to spread fear in the ranks so that he can get voluntary concessions from the group w/o having the bankruptcy judge force them. This would further make him look like he's in control, therby further stroking his enormous ego. Then again, he's probably right this time.

2. Why are we pilots from ASA/CHQ/CMR/DAL bickering amongst each other when we ought to be uniting to fight our common enemy - management? Divide and conquer couldn't be more successful.

I couldn't agree more. I think FB is trying to scare everyone. We will see in a couple of days. I heard an announcement will be made by the 6th of Oct.

FDJ2 said:
Malone or Buergey? Malone wasn't the MEC Chairman at DAL at the time. I wonder about the accuracy of your sources when you can't even get the names of the players right.

You are correct, he made a small slip, it was not Malone it was Buergey. You all change your MEC Chairmen so frequently it is difficult to keep track. What matters was your MEC's approach. not the name of your chairman. A bad approach almost always results in a bad landing.

Quick question BVT. Did the CMR MEC support a policy that would require the resignation of a furloughed pilot's seniority number in 2003 in order to work at CMR and did the CMR MEC change its position on seniority resignation in late 2004?

The answer to your first question is no. The CMR MEC simply did not agree to fall on its sword in an effort to change a company policy for the exclusive benefit of Delta pilots. The answer to your second question is yes, the CMR MEC did modify its position in 2004 in response to a modification of the DL pilots position advanced by your new chairman, Malone.

Now I have a few questions for you. As a DL pilot, what makes you feel that CMR should change its policy to give Delta pilots preferential treatment over those pilots furloughed at other air lines? Why do you feel that DL pilots were more entitled to those jobs and on different terms from other furloughed pilots?

Why did the DMEC chairman offer a bribe of preferential treatment, that he had no power to deliver, in exchange for preferential treatment to which he was not entitled? How come Malone got what he asked for in 2004 without any offer of bribes on either side, and Buergey got nothing with is bribe attempt, when both of them asked for the very same thing?

You're entitled to your prejudices. Just keep your facts straight in the process.

scopeCMRandASA said:
That was a nice synopsis, Plug. Remember, not all of us that were at CMR and ASA had the mentality that you describe above. We got our time, and left. I will be watching to see if Delta really follows throught with this, or if it is just grandstanding in order to extract concessions from the Delta pilots. No matter what happens, the Comair pilots made their own bed. They must now sleep in it.

Glad to be gone

I don't know where your gone from but based on your many previous posts and this one, if it was CMR there is little doubt that you were never missed.

CMR pilots have not yet had a problem with seeping in thier own beds. We have faced crises before and we will face this one too.

Glad you're gone too.

Texx said:
7. I'm sorry. Didn't you get my assessment for your 89 day strike? If you didn't want it I would like it back please.

Are you sure you're not a DL pilot? That one's right out of their play book.

Your profile seems to indicate you're with ASA. If so, you're the first ASA pilot that I've seen stoop to that level.

I wish you handn't.

surplus1 said:
Are you sure you're not a DL pilot? That one's right out of their play book.

Your profile seems to indicate you're with ASA. If so, you're the first ASA pilot that I've seen stoop to that level.

I wish you handn't.

When one of the CMR pilots complains that we didn't back or support CMR pilots, yeah, that will be the response.

>>If so,you're the first ASA pilot that I've seen stoop to that level.<<

Well I guess I had to get down on the same level as your CMR pilot that made the original post.

Last edited:
Sad, Texx. I respectfully suggest there are better ways to deal with differences of opinion between us.

surplus1 said:
You are correct, he made a small slip, it was not Malone it was Buergey. You all change your MEC Chairmen so frequently it is difficult to keep track. What matters was your MEC's approach. not the name of your chairman. A bad approach almost always results in a bad landing.

The answer to your first question is no. The CMR MEC simply did not agree to fall on its sword in an effort to change a company policy for the exclusive benefit of Delta pilots. The answer to your second question is yes, the CMR MEC did modify its position in 2004 in response to a modification of the DL pilots position advanced by your new chairman, Malone.

Now I have a few questions for you. As a DL pilot, what makes you feel that CMR should change its policy to give Delta pilots preferential treatment over those pilots furloughed at other air lines? Why do you feel that DL pilots were more entitled to those jobs and on different terms from other furloughed pilots?

Why did the DMEC chairman offer a bribe of preferential treatment, that he had no power to deliver, in exchange for preferential treatment to which he was not entitled? How come Malone got what he asked for in 2004 without any offer of bribes on either side, and Buergey got nothing with is bribe attempt, when both of them asked for the very same thing?

You're entitled to your prejudices. Just keep your facts straight in the process.

Thanks for answering my questions. Leaving your spin on the approach aside, as you have confirmed the CMR MEC did in fact refuse to help furloughed pilots and did in fact support managements position requiring that DAL pilots resign their seniority number. It's good to see that it only took the CMR pilots 3 years to change their position.

You mentioned "Falling on your sword" to support the hiring of furloughed pilots and give them preferrential treatment. Funny how the ASA pilots didn't need to "fall on their sword." In 2004 when the CMR MEC flip flopped on preferential hiring of furloughed pilots, did they have to "fall on their sword"? I thought not, so drop the fig leaf of "falling on your sword".

Now too your question, why should an ALPA pilot group support the preferrential hiring of furloughed ALPA pilots? Well, for starters the ALPA Administrative Manual encourages it. The fact that you even have to ask the question speaks volumes.

Last edited:
surplus1 said:
I don't know where your gone from but based on your many previous posts and this one, if it was CMR there is little doubt that you were never missed.

CMR pilots have not yet had a problem with seeping in thier own beds. We have faced crises before and we will face this one too.

Glad you're gone too.

What a pathetic post.

My question is: Why should the Comair pilots have pressured management to give preferential treatment to Delta pilots as opposed to furloughed pilots from other airlines? Had the Delta pilots done anything or extended any sort of similar courtesy to Comair pilots previously? Having not been at either airline, I honestly don't know.

I do recall quite a few Delta guys on the ALPA national boards pre-9/11 saying they would never support a staple because they didn't want their buddies to have to start in an RJ. (Not that the Comair guys were saints, either.)

Latest resources

Back