• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair to furlough 500??!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, you have got a serious bone to pick w/ CHQ. If they had been the first one to call you for a job you would be over here. We didn't "sneek", and "slide in" we are not some snake in the grass company as you seem to imply. We are an upstanding company with a great bunch of employees, same as the great folks I have met from Comair in our jumpseat. Our contract is far from crap as you said. Your holier than thou attitude that affects SOME at Comair gives you all a bad name. By the way have you ever HEARD a CHQ pilot taking about an upgrade in the terminal, and being a jerk? Or are you just jumping on a bandwagon? Most CHQ guys are upstanding, and are nothing but the most curteous and respectful. We could turn into AE upgrades OVERNIGHT we are not so nieve to think otherwise. We apologize for some new guy who is a little too excited. Believe you me, even the mighty Comair has got it's 5% of real goobers. Tone down the rhetoric, and get off of the bandwagon.
Comair folks, you are always welcome with a smile and a handshake on any CHQ jumpseat.:cool:

Last edited:
OKay, back to the actual furlough question...Are those 400 furloughs to start at 50/month beginning in December? I'm right around the 400 mark and I'm trying to figure out how much time I have to get a new job. This really sucks, looks like I'll be heading to airline number three...

This whole regional labor situation is starting to look like a park full of guys running around in flames with supersoakers full of lighter fluid squirting each other.

Come on over!! I wish you guys the best of luck. Keep your heads ups! Number three is bad but not any where close to my bestfriends dad. He had 9 different 121 jobs. I think 7 were furlough. Anyway...Us Xjet guys would love to have you Comair guys over here.

Homer Jay,
I'm sure your questions will be answered soon. Maybe this whole thing is just a bad rumor :)!! Let's hope!

Be patient, and in a week we'll probably all know.

Jet

It got an AMES message today from the union saying they have a meeting with management on Monday. Of course just like the movie Office Space friday is the best day to ..............

Have they put anything on the VARS? or did Freddie just decide to let it slip to the pilot group without even mentioning it to your elected leadership. Beware the FUD. Fear. Uncertainty. Doubt. -- It's their strongest weapon.

YGASF said:
Is it true that furloughees can flow back to the delta connection academy to be instructors and the current instructors flow back to be students and the current students are on the street?

I don't think there are any current Academy students...DCA has been attempting to bribe Comair pilots to refer new students to the academy...$1000 per recommended student who finishes a couple of ratings down there.

Now there's a part-time job for me after I get furloughed...I can drive around visiting high schools in my uniform spreading the gospel about how great it is to be an airline pilot, and how easy it is to become one at the Academy.

I'd only have to recruit 20 successful applicants to equal what I can earn as an active first-year F.O. at Comair.

Think I'm on to something here.

Yes, but do they have to sign their contracts in blood? And, aside from the $1000, what do you get for doing Satan's bidding? And really, wouldn't you just feel like a heel for lying to them? Show me an airline pilot who is HAPPY with the direction his career has taken and I'll show you 100 more who are looking to escape the profession entirely.

Last edited:
FurloughedAgain said:
Show me an airline pilot who is HAPPY with the direction his career has taken and I'll show you 100 more who are looking to escape the profession entirely.

Make that 98... You and I are both gone. And from the looks of it, not a minute too soon.

While CMR rode the wave for a few years, and stood tall with a 'ground breaking' RJ contract; their about to see a 'back breaking' contract, thanks to a BK Judge.

Lawson's move to snub the DAL boys in '02 is going to haunt CMR pilots for years to come. Bad play, bad play. I know more than one DALPA pilot thats laughing his *ss off at CMR right now.

Latest resources

Back