• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair furloughs 210

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HEY!!!! Thats Great News. I hear that Delta is parking another 100 50 seaters also! Now start that applications and read up on how to file for unemployment!

Sir, it is because of people like you that I stopped reading this forum years ago. It is out of sheer boredom I stumbled across your hateful statements. I rarely posted, but was so perturbed by your lack of class, tact, and general disrespect for fellow pilots that I felt the need to comment. Now, I do not know your history because I have better things to do besides spend hours stalking boards that people such as yourself, make childish and unprofessional. However, I find it quite astounding that you have yet to be banned. To make off-color statements regarding 5191 and to cheer at the fact that hundreds of pilots have lost their jobs, is nothing but a testamant to your lack of simple humanity. I am amazed that someone of your attitude has made it to a major airline, and am upset at the fact that thousands of passengers a month unknowingly put their safety into the hands of someone with obvious mental issues. I may have been one of the unlucky furloughed - but keep in mind, however you were burned by Comair in the past...myself and 205 others had nothing to do with what happenned to you back in '01 or earlier. Two years ago or less, we all chose the job for a reason, because it fit our situation. And while we do not necessarily always agree with the union...management...even the actions of our fellow pilots....we commit to ourselves and our familes to show up, be a professional, and do our jobs safely. The immature politics of people such as yourself is what creates friction amongst groups. While I don't consider myself a big "team player" or want much at all to do with the "brotherhood" of the union, I am decent enough to respect other pilots in their decisions and fail to see the point of your repeated wishing for bad things to reign down on jobless pilots such as myself. I'm not bitter, I'm not mad, life will go on, and I will continue to pride myself on the fact that I understand the more important things in life....and that walking by someone when they're down is at least better than kicking them.

Last edited:
HEY!!!! Thats Great News. I hear that Delta is parking another 100 50 seaters also! Now start that applications and read up on how to file for unemployment!
Queefcarpe says "wincheck ... WINDCHECK"

Sir, it is because of people like you that I stopped reading this forum years ago. It is out of sheer boredom I stumbled across your hateful statements. I rarely posted, but was so perturbed by your lack of class, tact, and general disrespect for fellow pilots that I felt the need to comment. Now, I do not know your history because I have better things to do besides spend hours stalking boards that people such as yourself, make childish and unprofessional. However, I find it quite astounding that you have yet to be banned. To make off-color statements regarding 5191 and to cheer at the fact that hundreds of pilots have lost their jobs, is nothing but a testamant to your lack of simple humanity. I am amazed that someone of your attitude has made it to a major airline, and am upset at the fact that thousands of passengers a month unknowingly put their safety into the hands of someone with obvious mental issues. I may have been one of the unlucky furloughed - but keep in mind, however you were burned by Comair in the past...myself and 205 others had nothing to do with what happenned to you back in '01 or earlier. Two years ago or less, we all chose the job for a reason, because it fit our situation. And while we do not necessarily always agree with the union...management...even the actions of our fellow pilots....we commit to ourselves and our familes to show up, be a professional, and do our jobs safely. The immature politics of people such as yourself is what creates friction amongst groups. While I don't consider myself a big "team player" or want much at all to do with the "brotherhood" of the union, I am decent enough to respect other pilots in their decisions and fail to see the point of your repeated wishing for bad things to reign down on jobless pilots such as myself. I'm not bitter, I'm not mad, life will go on, and I will continue to pride myself on the fact that I understand the more important things in life....and that walking by someone when they're down is at least better than kicking them.

Wow!! Wow again!! Great post!!!

The Mesa Pilots had already bowed to ornstein. They watched as jo played them like a fiddle. They saw all this play out and they STLL bowed to the same tactics jo had used to beat his pilots into submission.
It was sad to watch. All it did was give them an excuse to stab the Comair Pilots in the back.

Wow talk about ignorance. Ever stop and think that while the current TA for MAG is poor that they are fighting hard this go round and many are going to vote no? The pilots are fighting for what's right and aren't just going to settle for a pathetic PBS offer that watery at best. Perhaps you forgot that the pilots won in the long run to prevent JO from using Freedom as a whipsaw and gaining one seniority list...which is something that those at another regional weren't able to do. It's very unfortunate. But people seem to forget that.

Does any regional have any bragging rights as this stage in the game? Please!!! They all suck!! Sorry, but I could and won't make a case for all regionals suck. Everybody get off the high-horse and blame NALPA. Before they take me hostage too!!!

Does any regional have any bragging rights as this stage in the game? Please!!! They all suck!! Sorry, but I could and won't make a case for all regionals suck. Everybody get off the high-horse and blame NALPA. Before they take me hostage too!!!

It is Mainline against Mainline. Regional against Regional. Mainline against Regional. Regional against Mainline. That is not a Union. ALPA is against a Union. What are they doing?

I hope (for your sake) that the merger of mergers does not change your job status. It most likely won't given your apparent wealth of experience that you have listed. If the merger does happen to get to you, I will at that point out a few facts about karma....and direct you to the nearest unemployment office.....from the sounds of it though, you already know the way.

There once was a Pilot group who said Enough!

Too bad that same Union has no spine today. All the focus on is DS and Emaestro.
They ask at the end of each VARS "How many times has your contract been voilated today?"...but they should answer their own question with "It doesn't matter because we won't defend the contract".
I know I know, people will come on and tell me to get involved. Get involved with what? Going to Vegas? Or making up an imaginary assesment fee, after DAL has said there will be no merger at the regional level...yet we're still getting bills for the fee. But wait, we'll get the money back if there is no merger. But not all the money, just what ever is left over from the lawyers.
Our Union is a joke and I think our pilot group has spoken....44% is in bad standing.

Latest resources

Back