• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair furloughs 210

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CMR used to have one of the strongest ALPA groups......ALPA has failed.....

Joe, you are so right. What an absolute shame. The current MEC and crew have nothing but tunnel vision and suffer from cronyism.

The current MEC has too much hate for DS and spends all their energy fighting him. Can't see the forest for the trees. Truly depressing.

If Comair does die, current ALPA leadership will have been a factor.

Joe, you are so right. What an absolute shame. The current MEC and crew have nothing but tunnel vision and suffer from cronyism.

The current MEC has too much hate for DS and spends all their energy fighting him. Can't see the forest for the trees. Truly depressing.

If Comair does die, current ALPA leadership will have been a factor.

My guess is they are following marching orders from ALPA national....There are many at ALPA national and at DALPA that would love to see you guys go away.....My advice to you would be to start an immediate decertification move with a move to form an in house union....You don't need outside influences right now......

I just got furloughed and will be doing overseas contract work until things shake out back in the US. Hopefully, the remaining Comair pilot group is strong enough to say "enough is enough" and do what is necessary.

There's nothing I can do but refuse to pay my outstanding ALPA assessments and encourage those with a vote.

I fear Comair is heading to way of ACA/flyI, Skyway etc. It's sad. Shame on Delta. Shame on ALPA.

Is it true that 44% of the CMR pilots are in bad standing? Is ALPA trying to get them fired? This could be a huge victory for those who are tiring of the ALPA BS.....They can't fire everyone for going into bad standing.......

The folks in bad standing need to band together.....There is strength in numbers.....ALPA doesn't know anything about strength in numbers....but you can show them....

I just got furloughed and will be doing overseas contract work until things shake out back in the US. Hopefully, the remaining Comair pilot group is strong enough to say "enough is enough" and do what is necessary.

There's nothing I can do but refuse to pay my outstanding ALPA assessments and encourage those with a vote.

I fear Comair is heading to way of ACA/flyI, Skyway etc. It's sad. Shame on Delta. Shame on ALPA.

One more thing you can do is to take the postage paid ALPA PAC envelopes and send a message to ALPA...ALPA has to pay the postage on it.....

One more thing you can do is to take the postage paid ALPA PAC envelopes and send a message to ALPA...ALPA has to pay the postage on it.....

I could be a real jackass and pay them in rolls of pennies in the PAC envelope. $17.50, postage due per envelope. Ha!

I hope you guys fare better that Comair, but that's not really saying much.

All hands, abandon ship. Time for the orchestra to start playing "Nearer My God To Thee"

I could be a real jackass and pay them in rolls of pennies in the PAC envelope. $17.50, postage due per envelope. Ha!

I hope you guys fare better that Comair, but that's not really saying much.

All hands, abandon ship. Time for the orchestra to start playing "Nearer My God To Thee"

Our only hope is that we were spun off.....Jerry is a sharp dude.....

Good luck to you and never forget how your "union brotherhood" took care of you....

Hopefully, the remaining Comair pilot group is strong enough to say "enough is enough" and do what is necessary.

The guys who have said "enough is enough" have left, or will be leaving.
They know the industry will not improve. They have no faith in ALPA and figured that there is no future or living to be made at the airlines anymore.
Pensions? HAHAHA! Only for the management.

Don't pay the assesment fee. Chances are you won't return to Comair or an ALPO carrier.
If that letter that AF sent out has any true to it, furloughed NWA guys will be flying our airplanes. But I have yet to see the write up, showing any truth to that. It won't suprise me if it's true.

Joe, all the regionals will be smart to vote ALPA off. We're doing nothing but undercutting each other to survive and ALPA does nothing to help.

All I've gotta say is I fly for Mesa and the "old" Comair guys that went on strike were the best of the best. They risked their jobs for improvement, bettering the industry at the time. Thanks guys!

Yeah, I don't plan on coming back to Comair. There's nothing left. No QOL, no character or spirit. If by some miracle there is a recall, I won't bite on a 7 year upgrade and 15 years to hold a line.

I couldn't face going to another regional and starting over again. I plan on staying overseas until the economy is good enough to find a decent corporate job.

Latest resources

Back