• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair furloughs 210

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pattern bargaining was trumped by "portfolio whipsaw and RFPs".....We lost.....

If you want pattern bargaining to work...you have to have brand scope that protects those whose raise the bar.....Otherwise it is everyman for themselves....

BTW, for everyone that keeps spouting off that Mesa is going to delist in December needs to do their homework. NASDAQ has suspended the delisting trigger of sub $1.00 stock because of the current economic situation. Initially through Jan 16, 2009 and now extended through the end of 2009. Like it or not, Mesa will stay on the exchange

Too bad that same Union has no spine today. All the focus on is DS and Emaestro.
They ask at the end of each VARS "How many times has your contract been voilated today?"...but they should answer their own question with "It doesn't matter because we won't defend the contract".
I know I know, people will come on and tell me to get involved. Get involved with what? Going to Vegas? Or making up an imaginary assesment fee, after DAL has said there will be no merger at the regional level...yet we're still getting bills for the fee. But wait, we'll get the money back if there is no merger. But not all the money, just what ever is left over from the lawyers.
Our Union is a joke and I think our pilot group has spoken....44% is in bad standing.

Count me in as one in bad standing. Maybe they can give me a knucklehead award!

Count me in as one in bad standing. Maybe they can give me a knucklehead award!
I haven't flown with one guy this month that isn't in bad standing.

BTW, for everyone that keeps spouting off that Mesa is going to delist in December needs to do their homework. NASDAQ has suspended the delisting trigger of sub $1.00 stock because of the current economic situation. Initially through Jan 16, 2009 and now extended through the end of 2009. Like it or not, Mesa will stay on the exchange
Who ever thinks Mesa is going bye bye is a fool. They will always be around.
If by chance they do shut down, the rest of the industry will not improve like everyone believes. It will continue to suck. Someone else will step up and take the roll of the bottom feeder.

Personally, I think Comair will be the first regional shut down.
Oh yeah. Remember to fly PPAS and call "on time" for every departure. BEcause Delta is watching these numbers, see how much we save them in fuel ($90k last month alone) and this is going to save us!

PS
I don't know how to remove the image of the little guy rolling his eyes. how do i?

I haven't flown with one guy this month that isn't in bad standing.

Who ever thinks Mesa is going bye bye is a fool. They will always be around.
If by chance they do shut down, the rest of the industry will not improve like everyone believes. It will continue to suck. Someone else will step up and take the roll of the bottom feeder.

Oh yeah. Remember to fly PPAS and call "on time" for every departure. BEcause Delta is watching these numbers, see how much we save them in fuel ($90k last month alone) and this is going to save us!

PS
I don't know how to remove the image of the little guy rolling his eyes. how do i?

That 90k was just in APU savings alone. PPAS saves alot more. Oh well..... it was fun while it lasted

Several "good" regionals have been shut down before.....West Air, ACA, and Alleghany......Air Willy came close......XJT isn't far away either.....

In this business you don't want to be the highest cost operator.....

Another Anti ALPA statement.
It's nice that we're furloughing guys, not just here beut at other ALPA carriers.
While we have guys looking for work, our hard working, dedicated union is in Las Vegas at a convention.
What did they accomplish in Vegas? I'm still getting 8 hours of rest at night. Still working 16 hours a day.
We're still furloughing. ExpressJet still taking paycuts and we'll be next.
So exactly what was accomplished in Vegas? I hope it was worth it. This Union claims to be strapped for cash, but just enough to go to Vegas.

Well they've accomplished a lot!

No More Soap stickers, for one.

Voted "No confidence" on DS, for another.

C'mon DX, where's your ALPA pride? :beer:

CMR used to have one of the strongest ALPA groups......ALPA has failed.....

Latest resources

Back